Starting up my own DMP from scratch...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi baz

Written is preferable to oral; were one to say: "cheque's in the post, I won't come in your mouth, I'm a DCA and here to help you"; would you believe one?

Personally, I would never pay a DCA a penny without served proof of an absolute assignment; paying the the OC what you can afford might be acceptable.

x

v

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vic - you really can be crude!

Oh Rose, thou art sick!

Oh Rose, thou art sick!

The invisible worm,

That flies in the night,

In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed

Of crimson joy,

And his dark secret love

Does thy life destroy.

(Blake)

Do you know what that one's all about? OP ignore. Vic and I often exchange strange things like this!

Yeah since about 3 weeks ago i have completely changed my attitude to it all, it was getting me down and i was just feeling sorry for myself now after spending a few days reading posts speaking to you and others it has just made me realise that they cannot kill me and to pay them what i can afford and have the mind set that i cannot pay them over night but i can certainly look at having a decent chance of paying them off with more help from them like freezing interest etc, Please dont take that as me saying i don't care about the debt and i take no responsibility for it because i take fully responsibility and i am determined to pay them every penny i owe each creditor providing the take my account into consideration to come to a agreement and not use it as a money making thing on me by slapping charges etc etc

And yes GOLDEN RULE is do not ring them so i will just pay the stamp and send in post

So looking like 5 creditors agreed just 3 to go...

Okay have had 2 letters off capital one today...1 letter saying that i have not informed them if i want a short or long term plan

2nd letter requesting my wage slip?

Wot do do?

Hi baz

Clearly they're buggering about; you want a plan that is affordable for the foreseeable future, you don't know if this is short term or long term.

The wage slip is up to you and folk have different views; if it helps your case you might send a heavily redacted copy, i.e. obliterate payroll no, NINO etc.

x

v

Yeah i agree i think they are buggering around, Do not really want to send them my pay slip tbh, They do say they need this to be able to offer me a plan, But wha i want to know is what diff is short and long term plans? If i tell them long term do you think they will just sell my debt to a DCA?

Hi baz

1. If you don't want to send payslip then don't; make them an affordable offer e.g. £1; quote OFT guidance

2. Buggering about can be reciprocated.

3. They'll only be interested in a 'plan' that repays the account within, say, three years;.it's a long game and a silly game.

Read other threads.

x

v

Okay cool will send them a letter just stating i have sent them my budget planner and that i will start paying the amount that i have afford and until them i will pay them £1 until they agree to what i can afford with them freezing interest and charges

You wouldn't know of any letter that might help to send?

baz,

I agree with everything above. Have you sent them an IE sheet or not. If you put yourself in their position it is hard to decide on whether to accept or not without having some details of your finances. I would suggest a wage slip is not the best thing to send. An IE sheet would probably give a far more accurate picture of your position - it does not need to be a complicated one. What can they tell from just seeing your income? They can make assumptions, but they can't tell anything factual other than what you earn.

Yeah have sent them my IE Sheet used from a site on here, It had everything on their with all the calculations as of what to pay each creditor, So they have had that and are NOW requesting payslip.. So at odds on what to do next

1. Send letter telling them about a long term plan and pay what i can afford

2. Just pay what i told them i would pay without getting back to them(if i do this im worried i wont know if they will freeze intrest etc)

Suggestions?

Cheers V, Just a quick question i put a claim in for my PPI on my loans have had an acknowledgment letter from my bank...Is my claim at risk with this review the government are having on the financial services?

Okay quick update on my responses back from my creditors, Firstly Argos sent me a letter regarding reduced payment and freezing interest, They said they cannot freeze interest as because i am on BNPL plans and i can pay more than 2% back each month on the plans i do not qualify for reduced payments, So i will be sending them back a 2nd letter explaining that if they put the interest on i will have to pay back like £80 per month and i can only afford to pay them back £25

Letter back from both MBNA and Virgin they have already agreed to freeze intrest and stop charged i got to be fair i have heard a lot of bad stuff about these but they have been the first to help me out and not played funny buggers with me other than put markers on my file which is to be expected. Anyway sent them both a F+F and they both replied that they are not willing to accept as the offer is too low(I know these two are same company) So do you think that they are saying they are up for negotiation and should i haggle fith them to see what they will offer as a F+F

Any suggestions or anyone had this before ??

Thanks in advance

Okay so i broke the golden rule today and spoke to my creditors... But it was very useful as i spoke to MBNA and Virgin card and the guy on the phone discussed the F+F offers with me, i have a balance of 2100 on my MBNA which he was willing to accept £750 with it being clearing the whole balance and my Virgin credit card i owe 2800 and i said i could only pay £800 and he seemed happy enough but had to speak to his manager and would get back to me... Do u think i am offering them too much and if so should i haggle more? He did say though that they woundt be able to put settled on account only partially settled?

Then i got on the phone to my best friends at Halifax, Lovely people these are, Anyone i eventually spoke to some lady who was to be fair the most polite and helpful person i have ever spoke to at the halifax, Anyone i was chasing my complaint up and i needed the details to set up standing order, So cut a long story short she suggested i reschedule my loan so that i could pay less each month but over longer period of time so that i wouldnt keep getting markers on my credit file(tbh my credit file is screwed anyway) But they wanted to put the 1k of charges and arrears onto the balance as even knowing i have expressed for the last 6 months that i am having difficulty they will not stop intrest. I dont think i should do that anyone have any ideas on that?

Anyway she spoke to her team captain about the charges and basically come back and and said it is legal to do so etc etc, So i politely asked for that to be put into writing to my address so i can take the matter up with the financial ombudsman , Now i have the team captain ringing me this afternoon regarding my account?

Basically had a half yearly statement paid them a total of £780 and after interest and charged i have paid off £85 off my account

Hi Baz,

Don't you ever stop? Another successful day! With regards to the Halifax and interest have you read the OFT ebt Guidelines that came into force on Feb 1st 2011. They say a lot about how they should treat people in financial difficulties, including freezing all interest and charges.

If you need a link or some direct quotations, give me a shout!

Hey Tingy, Well i just want to get a fair deal and not be just classed a someone they can make a buck off, Dont get me wrong the people i have spoken to on the phone have been so rude and like just been so blunt to me so i dont like to ring but i thought today with the sort of a prompt in the letter from MBNA about it being too less i thought ring them see what happens.. So i am going to wait for a confirmation of full and final settlement from the two mentioned and they said i have 60 days to take it up, So in those 60 days i will start getting on their case to put on my file as settled... I have to say though this site is so impressive and has given me a life line to fight back and know rights... But it is so mad how so many company's are different and their different approaches to people in debt, I do reckon though this is going to be a major problem in the next few years!!!

If you can send me a link for that information Tingy that would be great. If anyone is reading this post DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER taking a loan/bank account anything with halifax,

Hows everything going with you by the way?

All going well thanks. Got the wrong piece of legislation sorry - meant The Lending Code, actually more relevant. Look at Section 9 Financial Difficulties. There's the obvious bits at the start and then from memory in the early 160's there's something about token offers and writing off debt. Would be worth pointing these out to your favourite bank!

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/docs/lendingcode.pdf

Brilliat bit of info that is.. Already using some of those keys points in my letter ready to go to the peoples favorite bank!!

A liitle bit of a tricky one i have got now... My Dad got a littlewoods account but i was using it and i owe £1400 on it, the payments were like £100 per month but with it being in my dads name this is more difficult to get them to stop interest, and with my Dad owning his own home i dont want them knocking his door or threatening him with court.. Any ideas on how i can get them to come to a repayment plan.. I did some work saying i was my Dad on the phone and the best they could do was set me on a 4 month payment plan with NDR money of £84.00 per month, cannot really afford this..(My Dad knows all about his account etc)

Yeah i have CCA'd them but i forgot to put the £1 cheque in with the letter, i wrote it out but just forgot. I sent it recorded post and i have got the scanned sign so did all that last Monday. So do they have 14 days to reply! Lets hope they have lost it the account was opened like 7 years ago.. As i have always said i want to pay my debt, If not i will need to look at my options with this one, think its going to be a bit tricky this one