Shared Bill Problems and Bullying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend is currently living in a shared house with 3 other girls. Recently these girls have made her life hell by throwing her food out, using her bath products and banging on her door at night while she sleeps, all due to the fact that she doesnt want to go out every single night etc. When I am there with my gf they act all nice as if nothings happened, but in my eyes it is clearly bullying, end of!

My gf has tolerated this since before christmas and has payed all her bills, rent etc despite spending roughly 1 week there in total from 3 months. She is now at the end of her tether and is moving out 1st april. She has contacted her landlord and has agreed to pay her rent until her tenancy ends. They also received a shared bill for gas/elec recently and despite my gf hardly being there has agreed to pay her £100 share.

Could anyone give any advice as to my gf and I as her housemates have text her saying that they still want gas and electricity money from her despite her not living there as from 1st april (agreed with landlord)

Is is possible to call nPower and have her name removed and give them a final reading when she moves out?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Mr H,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, giving nPower a meter reading when she moves out so she can settle anything individually. Her housemates are just saying that she HAS to keep paying because they have to, even though there actually living there and using the gas etc and my gf is not.

Thanks again

No problem. Tell your girlfriend not to worry.

She wont be charged by the companies as long as she pays for what she uses until she is gone. The housemates sound like they need a good kick up the rear end! They have no right to demand payment from your girlfrend past the time she moves.

The Utilities Act 2000 sets out the provision for Deemed Contracts. A supplier is deemed to have contracted with the occupier of the property, therefore if your girlfriend is no longer occupying, she is no longer liable.

It may be worth getting the landlord to sign a letter confirming the date she vacates the property, just in case of any disputes over the liability for bills