Parking Charge Notice from Town & City Parking Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I've received a PCN for being 13 minutes over the 2 hour waiting time limit at a supermarket car park.

Clocks changed today and didn't realise how long I had been.

They're asking for either £30 if I pay in 10 days or £60 within 28 days and additional £10 administration charge will be levied.

I've glanced through some of the 'stickys' but bit confused if I can do anything about this or not sure where to start.

Could anyone give me some guidance.

Many thanks

Amanda.

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Your case is no different to the many others featured on here. This means that you don't owe them a penny. Ignore all correspondence from them and do not contact them. They can only claim for any material loss suffered by the landowner.As this was a free car-park then no loss has occurred. So the sum they are demanding would be considered an unfair penalty, which is illegal. You might get some scary-looking letter from "debt-collectors" or "solicitors", but they are empty threats and designed scare people into paying up. Hold firm, don't worry and you will be OK.

If you want to write to somebody, then address your letters to the supermarket for allowing such behaviour by this company.

You might get some scary-looking letter from "debt-collectors" or

"solicitors", but they are empty threats and designed scare people into paying

up. Hold firm, don't worry and you will be OK.

...and some of it will be in red ink for that 'extra scary' touch 8-)

Relax it is all bluff and bluster and relies on you not knowing that all they have sent you is an invoice that would not stand up to scrutiny. They know but hope you do not know it and fall for their little money making scheme

Threats of court are meaningless as they have no intention of taking this route as it would cost them money and there is a good chance they would end up with a hefty fine (courts can fine they can''t) for the harrasment - notice the careful wording on their paperwork with use of the words 'may' and 'might'

Personnal experience shows that ignore works well with this bunch of modern highwaymen

• 4 weeks later...

I've now received my first follow up letter from TOWN & CITY PARKING.

They've obtained my details from DVLA and I either make a payment of £60 within 14 days or 'may results in a summons or writ being raised for recovery of the outstanding Parking Charge Notice and further costs incurred'.

I have until 3rd May to contact to lodge a dispute in writing.

Not too sure what my next step should be?

Any advice please?

Thank you.

Amanda.

NatWest

LBA - 18/10/06

interest + court costs

THE WOOLWICH

Defence by 17/11/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

I've now received my first follow up letter from TOWN & CITY PARKING.

They've obtained my details from DVLA and I either make a payment of £60 within 14 days or 'may results in a summons or writ being raised for recovery of the outstanding Parking Charge Notice and further costs incurred'.

I have until 3rd May to contact to lodge a dispute in writing.

Not too sure what my next step should be?

Any advice please?

Thank you.

Amanda.

Do nothing. Don't contact them what so ever. For them to take any action, they need to establish who was actaully driving the car at the time as it is he/she who entered into a 'contract' with them. Although they can find out who the RK is, there is no legal obligation for the RK to furnish a PPC with any information what so ever. So under the only law thay can use (contractual), they have no one to persue. Case closed.

In the very unlikely event of a officially stamped court summons dropping through your letter box, then come back to us.

In the very unlikely event of a officially stamped court summons dropping through your letter box, then come back to us.

And to judge how unlikely that is, I rate Elvis to win the Grand National on Shergar as a better bet!So don't worry. Ignore.Come back here for reassurance!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Just so Im clear in my head about this. They need proof of who was driving the car and as registered keeper Im not legally obliged to declare who the driver was. Have I understood this?

Thanks.

NatWest

LBA - 18/10/06

interest + court costs

THE WOOLWICH

Defence by 17/11/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

Just so Im clear in my head about this. They need proof of who was driving the car and as registered keeper Im not legally obliged to declare who the driver was. Have I understood this?

Thanks.

EXACTLY RIGHT.

Just ignore all correspondance and threats.

Thanks.

Even if they somehow managed to do that then they can only ask for the actual losses. Hmmmm let me see 2 hours in a car park is free so staying another 13 minutes cost them nothing, so to mitigate any losses send them nothing

Just so Im clear in my head about this. They need proof of who was driving

the car and as registered keeper Im not legally obliged to declare who the

driver was. Have I understood this?

You have understood perfectly

T&C infest my local ASDA and also my local retail park and can asure you from personal experience that ignore works well. They will do their best to scare you with debt collectors and possibly solicitors letters (actually T&C wearing different hats) but the reality is they have no intention of going anywhere near a court.

Their rules are designed to entrap and recently having brought an item from Halfords for the car and returned to exchange for the right part within their stipulated 2 hours no return period. All it achieved was to to cost them the DVLA fee and postage paper etc. to get nowhere. If everyone ignored them they will go out of business so spread the word on how to deal with these parasites and deprive them of their ill gotten gains.

I concur. About 6 months ago I parked in a Tesco car park in London in which you had free parking for 4 hours. I was there, not in my car, for 20 minutes longer. I returned to find a ticket on the car I was in. It had a yellow and black logo, I think, to make it look like an official notice. Intimidation. That's all it was/is. I contacted them purely because I didn't want to involve the owner of the vehicle that I was in. They wrote to me with the usual blurb. I asked them to prove that I was there longer than 4 hours. They replied that I was. I replied "prove it". I have heard nothing since. I wish that I had been in my own vehicle 'cos I would have just ignored them, like I'm doing with my credit cards now!!!

The clue is in the wording of their begging letter; they may issue a summons, you may win the lottery, the notice may have fallen of of your windscreen, you may pay if you wish or you may decide not to pay and ignore their letters.

The sad fact is, the word "will" appears in my following sentence.

Some motorists will be frightened by the hollow and unsustainable "may" options.

The more motorists gratuitously give money to these firms for no legal reason, the longer they continue in the business of frightening motorists into paying without legal basis or reason.

My partner has just had a similar encounter with town & city parking. She went into asda to do the shopping and as there were no parent and child spaces left she parked in a disabled bay as we have an eight week old baby and its impossible to get the child seat out in a normal space.

Anyway when she came back there was a penalty notice attached to the car from town and city parking for £60 or £30 if paid within 10 days. I know she shouldnt have used the disabled space, but do we just do the same and ignore it or do they have more of a case as it was a disabled space?

nope sorry should have checked the wording it is a "Parking Charge Notice" for unauthorised parking in a disabled bay I intend to just ignore it now then. As im the registered owner and I wasnt the one that parked there I guess they dont have a leg to stand on. Thanks for the advise :-)

The reason I asked is that in some ASDA car-parks looked after by Town and City the signs have the words ""Civil Penalty Charge" on them. This wording is a breach of the BPA code of practice. Because of this I actually made a complaint to the BPA about the use of those words, and the outcome is that the parking company have been found to be in breach of the code, have been "disciplined" and have been told to amend those signs without delay.

The signs in Asda at Wolstanton, [near Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire], had "Penalty" on them last Sunday.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!