Help Please. Car taken Friday Morning.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

I'm very new to this so let me apologise if I get any of this wrong! I checked my mail this morning after walking the dogs, (I live in an apartment block.) and found a hand delivered envelope from 'Whyte & Co' Certificated Bailiffs. In it are 3 sheets of paper. 1 is a Warrant of Execution for an unpaid penalty charge that I knew nothing about until this letter. (£155.00) There's an 'Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts' paper which takes the £155.00 and turns it into £296.00. Then there's a 'Notice of Removal of Expenses' letter whereupon they've charged me a further £681.00 to remove my car! That's £971.00 for a £155.00 parking ticket!

I'm sorry to say that due to various circumstances (bad news health wise, loss of job and some other stuff I don't need to go on about in a public forum.) I hadn't checked my mail (the letterbox was full to the brim) for a long time. I got the lock replaced about a month ago. The car has been parked in the garage as it needs 2 new tyres and I couldn't afford them. I've not used it since November.

The Bailiff says he was at my place from 0700hrs until 1130hrs on Friday morning but I didn't leave for work until 0930hrs and I walked my dogs without seeing anybody near or around. Nobody rang the buzzer or knocked on the door.

Am I stuck with this or is there anything at all I can do? I know I have a part to play in not having a letterbox for quite some time but to be honest it was the last thing on my mind. I'm out of that hole now and ready to face everything I need to. 'Just for today' you could say.

Thanks very much for any help in this matter.

It's a big communal garage with an electric shutter, it's always going up and down. I'm not saying I won't pay a parking ticket but I've never had sight of it. (You think I'd learn my lesson with this but 'ostrich syndrome' is a big one for me. Stop opening the mail and unplug the phone and it'll all go away. I've decided that's not working for me any more! lol.