Equifax & Experian: Different Late Payment Periods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if Equifax retain late payment markers for 48 months or more? Are they allowed to do this?

Experian seem to keep late payments on for 36 months. Any idea why the 2 CRAs differ in this regard?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

there should be a change in the law. 6 years - way too long. I believe its less in Scotland and other countries.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

5 in Scotland and the debt also dies and can no longer be pursued at all, 3 in Europe I believe.

Until the CRA's are strictly regulated they will continue to act as they please and make up rules to suit themselves. We have the government appointed bodies like the ICO etc to enforce their guidelines, but until they are law and not just guidelines the CRA's will do as they please. With CRF becoming more important for the people in the UK for employment etc, its high time these PROFIT making companies were made to abide by law and not just there own distorted pass the buck attitude. CRA and the information they process on behalf of DCA's and OC severely effect peoples lives and human rights.

i agree 100% with you.

so what should we do about it?

• 1 year later...

How detrimental is a single late payment marker? Got one just recently and I gather they stay on the CRFs for 4, 5 sometimes 6 years?

1 Generally no problem, but 1-2 on more than one account will be noticed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: