PriorityOne vs. Fredrickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you agree to make a token payment, or a payment you can afford, even though you still believe the account to be in dispute (unenforceablity, dodgy dn/noa or whatever reason), would you advise writing them a letter stating ''I'm prepared to make a payment I can afford, but still consider this account is in dispute for xxxxx reason''? And would this maybe help them decide not to litigate, while at the same time showing the judge that your not a debt dodger if they do litigate?

BF

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you agree to make a token payment, or a payment you can afford, even though you still believe the account to be in dispute (unenforceablity, dodgy dn/noa or whatever reason), would you advise writing them a letter stating ''I'm prepared to make a payment I can afford, but still consider this account is in dispute for xxxxx reason''? And would this maybe help them decide not to litigate, while at the same time showing the judge that your not a debt dodger if they do litigate?

BF

Unless they own the debt, they can't litigate anyway..... and if they do own the debt, then they'll need the proper paperwork to enforce it through the courts.

So.... no.... I think they're more likely to collect for a while and then flog it on to another outfit at some point when they get sick of collecting tiny payments.

:-)

Good points from both Basil and priority, I have decided after careful consideration to hold off payment at present. Not because of the CCA, but because this bill has shot up from just over £600 in December 2009 to nearly £900. I want to know where these excessive charges have come from. Also if it does go in front of a judge he will see that I have been paying 17 of my creditors without fail for over 2 years. Also I asked Freds for there standing order details, but know they want me to ring for them. Have you noticed that all DCA's never give out there standing order details, they always want you to ring. I never have and I never will. Also, I have a weapon of mass destruction in my armoury, I have my £600 stashed away with good old mum so that if ever any of these pond life try for a charging order I will just go Bankrupt. I am 52 years of age, credit rating shot away so I am never going to get a mortgage again and I certainly don't want credit. I know some will say I should have put that money on my debts but hey, as in the bad old days of the cold war, I have my finger on the bankruptcy button should the other side go for all out war. I would also say Basil, that I have cleared two of my smaller debts and am nearly finishing a third. I know I owe the money and as soon as my kids have left education there will be a lot more money for my creditors, but maintenance is a priority or its jail for the hippy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Any judge would only be concerned with the matter in hand and his/her interpretation of the letter of the law. They would have no interest in how you are handling your other alleged debts.

I would never pay a penny without all the evidence being laid before a judge and a subsequent court order instructing me to do so.

But that's just me :)

Thanks Keveron,,, food for thought. So are you telling me that you would await a CCJ before paying any debts.?????? I am not criticising just wondering why you would seek that route of going to court first before paying.

Sorry Kerravon,, miss-read please do not take offence, your input is gratefully appreciated.

Yes I am seeking help on these muppets because they are mean't to be the bad boys of the industry. my thoughts were on should I pay while I await information from Argos as to how this bill is made up and if they have a valid CCA,,,, Freds have agreed token payment straight away but have asked me to set up a direct debit where I asked them for there standing order details. They want Hippy to ring... (no way ) and as priority say's they don't own the debt so cannot proceed to court.....I am going to withhold payment until such time as they send me there standing order details and have received all the information I require about this debt. Also who are they to say I am legally responsible, they are jumping the gun a bit.

Just to add, I continued paying Marlins even though the account is in dispute so it is probably the best way to go. I will just ask them for there standing order details and await Argos response.

Freds have agreed token payment straight away.

Of course they have, that's all they are interested in, they don't care whether you owe it or not.

Don't pay them anything, put them to strict proof of your liability.

When did you last make a payment on this, any chance it is statute barred?

No unfortunately not. All was well till July 2009 when me and ex split. What gulls me is I have the last bill which say's £598.00 now its up to £850..... Hence SAR to Argos. Card is very old, I have a bill from 2002

I have been lucky so far, all my creditors have accepted I'm broke, no assets and have been making token payments since Oct 2009. Yes the odd review but I just thank them for showing me that in this economic climate I am worst off will they accept 50p, that shuts them up. M&S are reviewing at the moment, first time in two years sent income and Expenditure to show them just how poor I am. As I said I have only ever SAR Yorkshire bank because I made a complaint with FOS but never followed it through, they sold the overdraft to Marlins and they only refunded me £100 of the £475 of charges for there errors. So I am going to claim or try to claim them back.

Like yourself, I take control to be fair I am quite surprised a lot of my original creditors are still dealing with my accounts,,, very strange..

Thanks Count your a gem..... Have told them I am not going to pay a penny never alone a £1.00 till I get all the information I require... see what they say... Gave em a stiff letter with Bazooka's great phrase's and other sentences he has done for me in the past... Will probably have the Man himself Mr Brian Carter on me case

Just got back from Recording the delivery to Argoose.... Let us see what appears shall we.... Have requested a SAR because somewhere along the line someone is taking the michael. or should I say has jumped on the gravy train and added nearly £300 on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well sent Fred's a account in dispute letter on the 27th April, received reply today putting account on hold. Taken nearly a month to reply. It was one of Bazooka's letters so it probably took them all this time to figure out the words.

Told them in no uncertain terms I don't need to be told how to request a SAR from a mere DCA and also there comments about liability was a bit premature as this is depended on what Argos send back.

When I have received I will post up new threat. Though what made me laugh is Fred's had accepted the token payment but wanted me to ring for Standing order details. (Jokers) I have there details but have not yet paid as we will see what little surprises the SAR holds. The bill has already shot up from £600 to £850.

Have now received a love letter from Mr. Carter..... :razz:

Hi P1,

Whilst I have no experience with Brian Carter, I have read a post by DX today warning that they are very aggressive and issue claims quickly.

However, with your experience with others, I guess you may see them off!

Luck you P1 :-) did it have lots of hearts and kiss's in it ???? lol

my lot told me yesterday that the had a special agreement with the courts to collect from disputed accounts :-) :-) ;-0

think they were getting a bit short of cash for the bank Hols

Still Fighting 4 PPI claims getting there slowly :smile:

Oh dear.

Confirmation that Freds do indeed share living space with Mr. Carter came this morning in a reply to a recent letter. The fact that this letter went to Mr. Carter and not Freds thinks they may have slipped up somewhat.... I can only assume that Mr. Carter will not be writing back in response himself.

I will draft up a response next week when I'm back at work (not wasting my own printer ink.... lol), as they have also kindly stated that they are unable to provide the information I requested.... but how am I going to discharge the balance?!

:lol: