girlfriend is threatening to kick me out!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi , i am currently living with my girlfriend of 16yrs and we have just moved into an association house 3wks ago, now she keeps saying she wants me out and last weekend she had me arrested for apparently hitting her ( 2 days in the cells and released without charge , her statment was floored and my sons statment tallied up with mine ) both our names are on the aggrement but if she decides to lock me out ( throw me out ) would the local council rehome me as i have no where to go!!!! This doesnt make things any easier as i wanted to start my own buisiness, any advice whould be helpfull thanks scott.

Thanks, thats most helpful , forgot to mention a few days before she had me nicked she also cancelled a standing order from her bank for my car insurance didnt tell me and i got done for that and my car taken away , some people are so charming!!

Edited by Scott1976

Hi Scott

I would go and ask the council to speak to one of the housing officers and explain the circumastances to them as they may not be aware of the situation and do let them know of the false allegation she made to the police.

As both of you are named and signed the tenancy agreement she cannot just change the lock as firstly she would have to get permission from the council as its am ammemdment to the property which is the Councils Property not hers and secondly if she did do this you would have a legal right to get the police involved as she is refusing you access to your property.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 weeks later...

My advice is applicable only if the rented premises are entirely within England and Wales, and only if you were granted a tenancy (under which you [and your spouse/partner/children] have exclusive use of a dwelling) and you were over 18 years of age when the tenancy was granted.

Where a tenancy is granted jointly to two or more people, regardless of whether it is a private tenancy or a council tenancy, they each have a legal right to live in the property.

My experience is that a Council will typically only remove a tenant from the agreement if he/she breaks the conditions of the tenancy, or if he/she voluntarily signs a transfer of the tenancy to the other tenant; but will not otherwise change the parties to the agreement.

A divorce court - or a family court if the tenants are not married - can make an order suspending a tenant's right of occupation, if it is in the interests of children aged under 18 years who live at the property.