• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Portfolio - SD HSBC DEBT **SET ASIDE**

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Im new here and hope you can help.

Few years back i fell into a pickle and well got in a lot of debts, managed to pay them all off now by settling.

However i still owe a £14k loan and £7k credit card with HSBC taken out in 2004/5.

I wrote to all my debtors when i became unemployed and told them of my predicament and i would pay monthly or my dad was willing to help me settle.

HSBC never responded.

couple years actually passed now and honestly i had actually forgotten about it!

suddenly i started getting letters again from 'Lowell group'.

i called them told them i could settle,

they only offered 10% off the full amount,

said i couldnt and that im happy to pay say £50 a month until we get to a better solution.

they refused.

Suddenly i had a ring at the intercom buzzer in my block of flats saying

"i am an officer of the court let me in" i refused and said he is not here.

i do own the property, thats how they found me.

i called them today and wanted to discuss what happened.

they dont know i actually still live there (i know i was scared and lied, it happened).

i said i am not running away form them and happy to try and work things out.

He said he is the litigation dept and the person that came to the door (who he wouldn't clarify IF he actually was a baillif or just a debt collector) was trying to serve me with papers to file bankruptcy against me as i have a beneficial interest in the property. i didnt respond.

he then said if you are not living there and are not willing to give us a correspondence address then we will be able to go to court and ask them for the right to be able to just post it to you seeing as you have a beneficial interest in the property.

He also said once the papers are served i will have 21 days to respond if not they will go in front of a judge and it will be a simple decision of yes or no to filing me bankrupt, i wont have any say or be able to make an agreement with the courts.

We talked some more and he said if i can raise £10k he'll settle, or if i can raise £2k upfront then £160 p/m and i sign a voluntary declaration to put a charge on my property he'll stop these proceedings.

this was all roday and honestly ive learnt alot over the years about dealing with debt collectors but these guys are good and have intimidated me.

I would like to ask if you guys know where i stand with all this?

i really DO NOT want to be made bankrupt.

are they bluffing though?

can they do this?

really its that simple, im just stuck?

Maybe i should just agree to one of these options and see if my dads will re-mortgage and help me out.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated and eagerly anticipated.

HH

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your property have any equity?

You have stated you are on benefits, they would only benefit by declaring you bankrupt if they would make money out of the sale of your flat as apposed to mortgage owed.

It could be a scare tactic although you need to treat it as real.

For instance if there is no equity and you are on benefits, like me, when threatened with bankrupcy, I replied go ahead as I would love it, but cant afford the fee. DCA backtracked pretty quick and said if you want to go bankrupt pay your own fee:lol: xx ps. I was in council house though, but they hadnt properly looked into that, but still threatened.

If you have equity it would be a more serious threat perhaps, so give as much detail without personal info and help will arrive as how to question the validity of the account etc.....

As in last payment paid that you remember.

Have you received default notice and notice of assingment of debt from original owner to dca etc...

Have you had any written notification of proceedings at all?

When did you last make acknowledgement of the alleged debt or any payment?

It seems unlikely that it would be a bailiff unless they are sure the debt is not statute barred.

The DCA should tell you when you enquire who called at your address, bailiffs will normally leave

a business card identifying them and the court they are certificated by.

This all sounds all very sus to me.

Please give any more info so as the others can come up with advice and do not talk to Lowell on the phone

letters only.

can you tell us when you last made payment or acknowledged the alleged debt.?

Have you had any written notice of action.

I think Lowell would be obliged to confirm who called at your door.

I can state from professional experience that a bailiff will leave a business card showing their name

and the court that they are certified by.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

We seem to have a lowell troll on hand

no worries

ill get the set asside done for the cagger and you will be paying £300 in costs

ive done 20 of these between you and crappyquest

kaching

cretin

Patterns#

i take it no statutory demand has been served yet

this is thread number three on this new poster

can we have them merged

thanks

I am in a similar situation. Received a SD from Hamptons, contacted them to try and sort out, I had not previousy contacted them, the letter said they will try and help me, but were insisting on a big payment,k obviously didnt have it, but they have not been too helpful, saying it had gone too far and if I dont respond by the 9th April they will petition for bankruptcy. Told them there was no equity anyway, and then if they did that I would lose my job, have nowhere to live and they wouldnt hardly get anything! But he said it was their decision. Any comments or help!!

Trollie has poor spelling:lol:

A legitimate bailiff is only given the case by a court if an account has gone to court, been found in favour of company and then and only then the alleged debtor has failed to pay on an arrangement agreed with the court.

If payment is still not paid and debt substantial company can go for statutory demand. But and heres the big but, courts do not like sniffy DCA's going straight for the demands without giving IF case goes their way, the alleged debtor a chance to pay as set by the court.

TOO MANY DCA'S INTIMIDATE AND THREATEN HOMES VIA BANKRUPCY ETC....WITHOUT EVEN GOING FIRST TO COURT. So if one goes straight for statutory demand, you can defend it and offer court payment plan.

Also if the dca's have such a right to act in this way and it is viable, why do so many not carry through the threats?

Because alleged debtor may not have funds, may not own property and be on benefits or whatever, but they still threaten and they are supposed to only use this method if they intend to carry it out.

They didnt want to make me bankrupt when rang and said okay I will take you up on the offer and I also notice a lot of their demands get dropped at court.

NAUGHTY DCA'S WHO NEED SPANKED BOTTOMS. DONT WORRY CAG IS HERE !!!!!!!!

Planet Hampton is a strange place unpredictable, unregulated and maverick I would not like to

predict anything they MIGHT threaten to do.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies, seems I came to a good place.

Apologies for the multi posting something was up with my pc.

And bailiff I'm NOT running away from the debt at all! Please read my post, I have infact settled with every lender I owed money to! In life people make mistakes and we an only but try our best to make amends. If you have nothing positive to offer here please refrain from posting I am genuinely seeking advice which I don't think is wrong.

Guys thank you for all your help; ok so..

The last time I paid anyhing is sept 2007 when I wrote to HSBC. since then no contact at all. Suddenly Lowell gets in touch. Yes there is a default on my file from boh Lowell and HSBC.

I today sent a demand for CCA with £1 postal order.

They are to get back to me in regards to a monthy payment figure I can afford to pay with a cahrge on my property. Which honestly if reasonable and affordable I don't mind!

I just want to know where I stand ona few of the following:

- if they ignore my request for CCA what can I do I heard they can still proceed with bankruptcy?

- no card or letter was left at te property. I think theybhave yet to determine whether I live there or not yet.

- if the notice is served, how can I suspend or do I have any options? They have told me I don't and that the court will say yes or no to agreeing my bankruptcy, I can't make an offer in court at all tk lay monthly?

- any advice welcomed.

P.s my property has very little (£3/5k) equity if that.

I calle national debt helpline today and they gave me some advice -

- possible IVA?

I anyone can assist I'm all ears guys!!!

In the first instance I've requested my CCA today, let's see if they reply to that.

I really look forward tk further advice, you guys have been great

Hello and Welcome, patterns.

I have unapproved your duplicate posts and removed the nonsensical posts that are no good to you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Much appreciated Scott!

I appreciate that. Again apologies as the duplicate posts were due to my pc freezing so I kept refreshing. I'm a genuine user I can assure you.

All the best and have a great weekend!

Hi,

No problem, we have been having issues with the site over the past couple of days.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Please note for those of you worried about the 'B' word. Courts are actually very understanding. they will not force the sale of your house; they will not remove your car as a means of transport for e.g. work and they will not reduce you to abject poverty. I know of several close friends who have lost businesses and had to go down this route and they now have their lives back. Me? I'm still madly struggling with a DMP but getting my live back slowly and surely. If it weren't for the kids, my need to rent out my house post divorce and in negative equity and my rediculous pride, I'd have gone bankrupt and be well on my way now! Forget these threats; as someone posted here actually if it can save you the Bankruptcy fee they would be doing you a huge favour. Read up on it as it is not the huge thing to be feared as it was many, many years ago. Once you can put your fears aside you will be able to deal with these DCAs in your stride and with the help of these fabulous people on CAG.

appreciate your words, i understand B isnt so bad anymore. but i cant do it, no chance, id rather they set up a payment plan as they porposed and put a charge on my property. ive just spent the last 4 years re-building my life and creit due to all the defaults and i cant linger another 6. plus i have a good job now and a daughter. Im not going bankrupt, il find a way to settle with them im sure its just i want to know my options and if they bought this debt for £2 then why the hell should i be paying them £15k. but push comes to shove i will find a way

Hi guys, some more info for you...

i last made contact with HSBC in sept of 2007. i said i can pay £70 p/m until i found a job, no reply on several attempts - all sent recorded! i do remember when i defaulted, although not responding to my letters requesting some sort of temporary debt management plan, despite speaking with relevant help bodies they never responded and simply sent me a copy of my CCA for the loan only. That was HSBC not Lowell. i kept a copy of everything.

Credit card agreement was actually taken out in 2000 and loan in 2004

Ive sent (yesterday) 2 letters requesting CCA one for credit card, one for loan. recorded with £1 postal orders.

So IF Lowell do have CCA and its not signed (apparently they try this one now), does that make a difference?

So in any instance i should wait for a reply form them first as you have all mentioned.

i will still also wait to see what type of offer they make me - the way i played it was i said 'i have always paid moneies ive owed and happy to always work out any debts i may have but before we do that i would need a copy of the CCA to acknowledge i owe this debt'

i then sent the letter as per worded here

im just curious though, what if they do not respond to my letter within 12 days? what do i do?

and should they have the CCA then what?

I heard they should serve CCJ first, ive checked my credit file and Lowell only have me down as 1 default month, no CCJ. Apparently this is frowned on in court as they should serve a CCJ and then give you the opportunity to come to some sort of arrange. in this case what should i do.

im also aware they often serve an SD and go to court without informing you, any way i can prepare for this too?

i know i should first wait for the CCA or relevant response im just trying to pre-empt things

Also can i ask what it the criteria for a Statute barred? i know its 6years but who is this looked at? on my credit file it shows the monthly credit updates and then defaults upto 2008, does this have anything to do with it?

Thanks a bunch, once again

request your CCA in the first instance, and then wait for the reply or the SD to be delivered. then update us as you get on. Im just following the advice people posted on here really.

yes i did my own DMP - well i negotiated with each lender individually, they all sent me financial statements to fill in, except lowell ofcourse. CALL national debt helpline (0808 808 4000) barbara, i strongly suggest started your own thread so you can get the specfici answers you need, people here are great, and lowell are notorious! do a google search

If you are comfortable posting all the specific details of your case, why not start your own thread and list everything there and people will assist im sure.

if you dont want to do that (confidentiality - i understand) just monitor here, il keep everyone updated daily if possible.

im now waiting for responses/advice to my above questions and the response to CCA or IF they manage to deliver the SD - then i might start to panic. in any instance as i mentioned above im semi-waiting on a settlement offer fromt hem anyway.

Dont hide form them id say, dont open the door though! and keep in communication (worded carefully as per advice here)

good luck

Edited by patterns

thanks for the info and your time. The SD has already arrived, last saturday. I contacted them to arrange some sort of payment, but I have started by own thread, eventually, but now not sure how to find my own thread! being a bit dipsy!!