Jump to content

Help with benefits please!

Rob Lowdon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have recently came out of a year's employment, and made a claim for contribution based jobseekers allowance, since my partner is working. Unfortunately, i was disallowed this as i had not paid enough contributions, and my partner is not allowed any working tax credits as she earns £23000 per year.

Is there any other help we may be entitled to, as at the time being we cannot afford to live, being £80 short on the monthly bills, before food shopping.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a mortgage on our house, which my partner pays, our Council Tax is £1200 annually, and no, we don't have any kids.


I know that it sounds mad that we have no money with with my partners income being so high, but we honestly are struggling to make ends meet, so any advice or help is more than welcome thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have mortgage protection insurance?

If you do it may be worth checking if you qualify for any help towards the cost while you are unemployed. Insurance companies will no longer be requiring you to have form ABI1 completed and stamped by your local JCP office and they will have their own form that you will need to complete (some are a declaration of no changes and showing proof of the jobs you have applied for) but each company is able to set their own set of rules as to how you would qualify for the payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...