MacKenzie Hall chasing old welcome loan with PPI

carlingprem1er
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

My wife received a letter from Mackenzie hall requesting that she make payment for an old ( 5 years and 6 months ) Welcome Finance Debt to the value of £5,371.42. I followed the advice I have previously read on CAG and requseted a true copy of the credit agreement. After some stalling from Mackenzie Hall they have now sent me what appears to be the original. It shows a cash advance of £2627.74 with PPI of £1499.97 ! which my wife was told she had to have or the loan would not be forthcoming. I have included both pages of credit calculationspage2.jpg.

I am looking for damage limitation now with a view to pushing the PPI angle and was thinking of requesting a full and final settlement of a much lower amount. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Carling

page1.jpg

Thanks cerberusalert, can i just throw something at you. If i write to MH notifying them of a dispute in the value owed and my intent to chase welcome finance for the PPI that they would accept a F&F settlement of a small amount ? That way it may be possible to end the debt instead of dragging it on ? Have you any idea roughly how much MH pays per £1000 of debt purchased ?

no dont do that

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx, there is something Im obviously missing here in my ignorance, I was concerned that as my wife paid very little off the loan there is virtually nothing to claim back with regards to PPI . I was also concerned that sending the dispute letter to MH will be seen as an admission of ownership of the debt. It will be 6 years in June 2012 since WF has had any contact, but I didn't think I could hold out that long. Please educate me ! :-)

mucky hall are just chancig their arm

if welcome wanted the money...why wait 5yrs to ask...

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BTW you pixs are too small

use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

and they

Sorry about the documents, scanner is currently faulty and im using my mobile phone. Just to clarify: I should send a letter to MH informing them of the dispute in the amount of the loan due to the PPI and that I will be contacting welcome finance regarding the PPI to reclaim. As the account is in dispute MH can then no longer take this debt to court until the dispute is settled ? Should I then actually contact WF to reclaim the PPI even though very little if none has been paid ? or should I not contact them and hope that they give up due to the approaching Statute Barring of the debt ? One more thing ! Will informing MH of my intent to dispute the amount of the loan void the Statute Barring of this debt in June 2012 ?

Cheers Carling

MH never go near court!!

they are bottom feeders

a DCA has NO LEGAL POWERS!

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.