Capital One Full and Final Issue...

Almost There
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

There is some superb advice on here so first of all i would like to thank you all for that!

I have recently spoken to all of my creditors (3 x credit cards) and agreed full and final settlements over the phone. I stated that before any funds were sent that i required written confirmation of these full and final settlement offers etc. Most have come through exactly as agreed (stating that it is full and final settlement, i will have no more laibility, credit file marked fully satisfied, not persued for any more money), apart from Capital One.

They have sent me a letter which simply mentions a "settlement" and that my file flagged as partially settled. Naturally i have sent a letter in reply asking for my requests (as above) to be confirmed in writing prior to any funds being sent, but my issue is this:

Once full and final offers were agreed (over the phone), i ended my DMP with PayPlan and am worried that now i am having to send letters back and forth to Capital One, that my agreed monthly payment will be missed (as well as the settlement date in the "fluffy" letter) whilst i wait for a properly worded full and final offer. Should i continue to make the agreed monthly payment from my own account to Captal One until i receive the revised full and final letter?

In hindsight i should have kept my DMP in place until all letters were received. Damn!

Any advice on theis situation or Capital One gratefully received.

NT

i would not be paying any F&F's without a written guarantee that ALL negative data is REMOVED fromyou CRA and the debt marked as satisfied.

if you have defaults , even if the debt is shown as satisfied, thats as good as a CCJ.

if the creditor will not removed all negative data and mark the debt as satisfied, then you might as well pay them £1 PCM, as the F&F will be a waste of money, you might as well burn it.

cap1 are a law to themselves, i would pers not pay them anything!!!

you have ofcourse reclaimed ALL unlawful charges and reclaimed mis-sold PPI BEFORE you F&F'ed these a/c's?

if not you need to get reclaiming on them ALL.

i would not offer an F&F before reclaiming first.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey Almost there,

Have to agree capital one are absoultly bonkers, ringing me 5 times a day twice at work to get money back off me, But can i ask how offering Full anf Finals come about for you and how much did you roughly owe and how much did they accept, i am about to start asking for full anf finals but wanted to get as much info on timing and what to offer etc

Thanks