• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

StressedOutMum -v- David Lloyd Gym

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi SOM,

Good stuff.

Just ignore ARC's calls - you have no need to talk to them and they have nothing of any use to say to you.

Just a wee word of warning so you don't have a total panic atttack........... there is a good chance that you will hear from a "solicitor" called Trevor Munn. He deals with these low-life gym administrators who so desperately seek to chase money from folk. If he writes to you, just let us know and we'll continue to help you.

A letter from Trevor Munn is no more of a threat to you than one from the gym or ARC. They work on peoples fear and ignorance, hoping that a letter from a "solicitor" will scare you into paying money you do not owe.

No staying up worrying into the wee small hours about drafting letters tonight !! :sleep:

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thankyou Slick, I already had the letter from Trevor Munn, but after I spoke to Head Office for the 3rd time and got them to call off the dogs, I havent heard anything, only ARC.

I really hope this letter works and they stop all the harrassment.

Right off to bed now, cann't keep my eyes open. Thanks again.

OMG the letter they said they sent back at the beginning of March arrived today. Please see attached. It seems like the manager hasnt even investigated the matter at all and just listened to the 2 ladies in membership, who are obviously not telling the truth and the whole story.

I was not aggressive or abusive, I was really upset and crying and frustrated, and to make matters worse, Claire was talking over me and not listening to what I was saying, so told her she was rude and uncooperative and didn't want to talk to her but the manager only and put the phone down. That was the same day I found CAG.

He's talking about T&C's saying 3 months, but it also says 1 month before the year, and nothing about them confirming, but judging by the way they communicate they seem to have done it on purpose. My friend was able to claw back my emails eventually, and have found the one I sent in July 2010 cancelling and the letter I sent at the beginning of September to confirm the cancellation. Funny how they only acknowledge after my contract ends.

Will be replying back to Craig Knowles. :-x

Just thought I would update you guys.

DLmanagersletter.jpg

Hi SOM,

The document is too small to read properly. See here for info on how to post doc'ts - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Re the letter you sent as per post #25 above, was this sent to HO or to the Gym at Bushey.

If you haven't already replied to the letter, please wait .

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick will re-scan the letter and attach it.

I have been sending all the letter's registered post to Head Office now, before it was directly to the club.

I havent replied yet to this letter as I was fuming and then had a family emergency so had to rush to the hospital...just got back awhile ago. However, I do want to reply to this letter and will run it past you before I send it, but will be tomorrow.

Thankyou Slick for all your support and help.

DLDoc.doc

Hi SOM,

You do not need to argue with them about this. They can say what they like about whether they thought you were rude, etc - it doesn't matter, nor does it change anything.

If you have now found the email that you sent in July 2010 notifying them of your intention to cancel as of October, when the year's membership was up, that is really all you need.

I suggest you reply as follows:-

I refer to your letter of xxth March which I only received on 6th April.

I have evidence of the email that I sent to * you/Head Office/DL Bushey in July 2010 confirming my intention to cancel membership when my 12 months was ended. You therefore had ample notice that I would stop my DD in October when my 12 months initial membership ended.

If you require sight of the email, let me know and I will supply it once more.

I will say, one last time, that I cancelled giving proper notice and I owe you nothing more.

I warned you on 25th March that any further demands from you, ARC or Trevor Munn will be reported to the FOS. This will happen without further notice if any of you make further demands.

I will also complain to Consumer Direct/Trading Standards.

I trust this will not be necessary and sincerely hope this will be the end of the matter.

* Use whichever is right

8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Unfortunately due to a death in the family I have had time to visit this site for awhile. However not heard anything from my anyone regarding my letter from the 5/4/11. Going to now reply back to the manager's letter as I couldn't do it earlier.

Will keep this site posted on any news.

Thanks

Hi Slick. Sorry havent replied. Talk about bad week, its the whole year! My laptop blew after sending u the message. Using my phone 4 emergency use only. Hopefully laptop will be fixed soon. Will be in touch when it does. Thanks.

Hi SOM,

Sorry to hear about your Lappy and let us know when you're back on the case.

If you didn't send the letter before the Lappy blew up, get a friend to type it up for you and send it asap.

Keep a hard copy for your files.

8)

Hiya

Unfortunately still no laptop as yet, so borrowing my sister's to send the latest correspondance I have received from ARC.

Sent the letter to Bushey only the other day so haven't heard anything from them.

Do I have to reply to these guys? What do I say?

This really is the last thing I need at the moment, life seems to be getting harder. Why don't we have a way were we can just prove our cases to these people fairly and humanly, instead of the threats and 3rd party interference. It's funny how they never acknowledge anything within the cancellation period, and then all of a sudden it's after that they start chasing. Also it actually says 1 month cancellation so how can they go to 3 all of a sudden?

Sorry rant over, just getting really frustrated with everything.

Help would be really appreciated. Thankyou so much.

ARC2.rtf

ARC1.rtf

Hi SOM,

Sorry to see they are continuing with their efforts, which will come as no surprise.

I hope your case will be helped when the High Court ruling is made in the case against Ashbourne Management brought by the OFT.

In the meantime...............

Dear sir or madam,

You have chosen to continue to involve yourselves in a matter that remains in dispute.

Your actions will therefore now be reported to the FOS who will no doubt decide for themselves if they are willing to investigate your continuing breaches of the OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection.

If the matter is passed on to Trevor Munn solicitors again, then a further report to the FOS will be made about them too.

Yours faithfully,

Thankyou Slick, I will get this letter done asap and send it off. ~Still no luck with a lappy, unfortunately friend/neighbour is really busy with work and new baby, but hopefully this weekend he should get it sorted.

Hope you are well.

Best Regards