Halifax PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm about to start a claim against the Halifax for a life policy attached to a mortgage but am confused by the addresses posted here, could someone confirm which is current please as a quick Google hasn't come up with much.

DSAR Team

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

Or, their new owners:

DSAR Unit,

Lloyds TSB BANK PLC,

Customer Service Recovery,

Charlton Place,

Andover,

SP10 1RE

Many thanks :)

Edited by wrinx

• 2 months later...

Letter went in as planned and the forty days have passed with nothing.

What's the best course of action now, write to them with a reminder of their obligation or something else?

wrinx

Hi wrinx

I guess you sent this recorded or special so you know they got it.

I'd do a stiff reminder letter telling them that they and their data controller are in breach of the Data Protection Act and if you do not get all the information you requested within 14 days (or 7 if you really want to) you will reporting the offence to the Information Commissioner and that you reserve the right to issue court proceedings to force compliance which may involve a claim for damages.

ims

14 days :-o Thought it was forty to comply with an access request....anyway, yes I sent it recorded and they cashed the cheque so will draft a letter and get that out...thanks :)

wrinx

14 days :-o Thought it was forty to comply with an access request....anyway, yes I sent it recorded and they cashed the cheque so will draft a letter and get that out...thanks :)

wrinx

Hi

Yes you're right...40 days or the SAR. They haven't complied and you can, if you wish, just report them and/or sue.

However, my personal preference is to fire the shot accross the bows and gove them one last chance. 7 days or 14 whichever you prefer. If you do have to sue then it shows you have tried to be reasonable with them.

ims

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still nothing from the Halifax. I called them (because the ICO will apparently take months) and was told there had been a mistake and my letter had been filed rather than actioned, which frankly sounds like a cop out:rant: Anyway, SAR fee refunded which is small consolation because that would have been claimed back anyway.

The information was supposed to be with me in around five days, it's now been ten and I'm not convinced they'll come through.

Without my information from the Halifax information I'm unable to confirm exactly what is supposed to have been agreed to and therefore cannot take them directly to court.

Is there anything else I can do, what's my next step...thanks :)

wrinx

Thanks, I'll give them another week to allow for weekends and then look at the pack.

I've just been wondering about interest and have read the PPI wiki and Interest tutorial, but it's not clear about calculating interest for PPIs...simple or compound?

wrinx

Hi

Initial approach will be for the premiums, the interest on them as contracted on the mortgage plus 8% stat on them too.

Unfortunately we can't work out the figure unless and until you get the copy of the agreement and the dates of the payments.

Regards

ims

Thanks, slightly more complex than I thought then (I was thinking a straight 8%)...I have a list of payments made and when, but they need confirming by the Halifax as you say.

Will report back when I know more...thanks again :)

wrinx

Hi

If you know the following, you can work out your claim amount

A->The total amount borrowed including the single premium ppi amount

B->The amount of the ppi premium

C->The dates and amounts of the repayments you have made to date

Regards

ims

A - I'm not sure, I have the figure for the amount of Life Cover Benefit (the mortgage loan amount) and cover term (264 months), no idea about the "single premium PPI amount".

B - I know the monthly premium but there's no other figures (hence the SAR).

C - Got those.

Sorry if I'm being dense here...

wrinx

OK, it's all arrived today.

I'm still not clear from the figures where the "single premium PPI" can be found, is it the insured amount?

I can't find a signature sheet for the TMPP, it's mentioned on the mortgage contract I signed but not in terms of specifically agreeing to it, should there be one?

I still don't understand why this was taken out or applied to the account because I already have Life Cover elsewhere :| Surely a mortgage can't be repaid twice...

Assuming I have a case, is it better to go to the Ombudsman or Small Claims?

wrinx

Edited by wrinx

A quick google shows I don't have a "single payment PPI" so that simplifies things :lol:

I'll add up the premiums and apply the "standard" 8% to make things simple.

Should I write to HSBOS, outlining my case to set the ball rolling?

wrinx