Debt Managers aggro

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has been chased by debt managers for several years now and has been paying a small amount every month which we can ill afford.

It is for an Abbey, now Santander account.

she recently got a default notice from them saying she hadn't paid and was £5 in arrears.

I checked the bank statements and the cheque sent to them had been cashed so there were no arrears at all!

I CCA'd them and aslo told them the cheque had been cashed etc.

They wrote back saying that the debt was for an overdrawn current account with Santander, but they were obtaining statements from them and would revert back to her when they had recieved them.

Sooooo, ok, lets see what happens. So the next payment isn't due to these people - yet today my wife gets a notice of proceedings. Not too sure of the best approach here, although I will write back to them.

Not sure where we stand if i is in fact an overdrawn current a/c, but I am pretty sure the default notice is not correct.

Any ideas folks?

debtmanagersediteddefaultnotice-1.jpg

debtmanagersnoticeofproceedingsedited.jpg

Edited by Ilike banks

I don't want to stand any nonsense from this lot - they do seem to be very self important - but I would prefer to know exactly where wifey stands before writing back to them. It would appear that they are not terribly intelligent though.

there is a way to handle these clowns, ive been paying off my overdraft for the last 3 years through these.

I make it clear to them what i will pay and when, as im in and out of temp work still, when i receive their letters saying i agreed to more, they get ignored, and i pay what i can.

I write to them each 3 months to detail my circumstances, with no I@E form, to tell them what i will pay.

Each time they try to hassle me, i purposely miss a payment, this if course genertates phone calls which are easily ignored.

After about 14 months of this, they finally accepted that it gets paid my way, not theirs, and all i get is an occasional random letter to ignore.

I had in total so far, 8 letters threatening court, to which i usually respond with a letter telling them to make sure they make the claim at my correct address.

question everything!

Ok, cheers. They had had the normal monthly payment anyway, so they are muppets.

That sounds like a very reasonable reply to them... :thumb:

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.