Royal mail failure of P.O. Box

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do you sue royal mail? I have had a p.o. box with them for two years and their banking system failed to take the payment this year which neither my bank or royal mail informed me of, royal mail did not inform me of the cancellation of my p.o. box either. This mail box is used for business and is redirected to my home. I have lost lots of cheques from clients and god knows how much other very important mail, a days wage for both myself and my p.a. to write to customers explaining the situation, postage and the whole embarrassment and loss of face with my clients, which is still going on to date. The box was cancelled on the 30/01/2011, I realized something was wrong & on the 01/03/2011, immediately contacted them, paid for the service to be reinstated (which I was assured it would be put back into place straight away as they would contact the sorting office manager direct) but still lost further post for another three weeks. Surely this service is exempt from the protection of the crown because it is a commercial service and under a contract to deliver? I have had customers that have had to cancel cheques twice and they are not happy, neither am I as I rely on repeat business and recommendations from existing clients. Can I sue for the loss of earnings £400, postage £41, compensation £10k for loss of face/goodwill etc

• 2 weeks later...