style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't taken offence at the work comment. I'm grateful for the help, thank you.

I have tried many time since I was young, but working in mainstream always makes me worse.

Over the years (since I was 17) I have tried to work around people many times, but it always ends with me getting ill. I could last in the job 6 months, or a year, or 18 months, then would start getting massive panic attacks. I had no choice but to leave.

When I worked at Lloyds for 18 months I found they almost threw their products at me, loans, credit cards, it all got out of control. Had I managed to work myself through it ... so I kept telling myself ... it would be okay. It wasn't and everything spiralled out of control. I moved my account to Nat West and thought ... fresh start. Then took a degree in the Arts, finished in 2012 and got a first, so I am capable of doing things, but... in the process I accumulated more debt in the way of student overdraft. I thought that Nat West had frozen the account January 2013 when Lloyds did, but they didn't and now I have to deal with it all over again.

It just all seems so hopeless and I can only see bankruptcy as an answer. Even though I don't have the fee for the bankruptcy and don't know how I'd get that much money together.

I don't feel right about sending my bank my medical details though, has anyone else been asked to do this? Why would they want it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideas on how to possibly reduce your debt.

1) Any Credit card debts? If so Check for PPI and Credit card penalty charges such as overlimit + late payment

2) PPI on any of the debts?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

There's no PPi to reclaim worth looking at. There will be numerous penalty charges though at a guess. I haven't looked in to that aspect.

I'm just so fed up of it all. Sorting it out is tough.

As I see it I can either carry on paying £1 per month for ever and a day, or go bankrupt and wipe the slate clean.

If the total were under £15k there may be another way. But that would mean reclaiming £5k of charges, or paying off £5k to bring it under the threshold and I just can't see that happening.