style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Background Info:

The original HP agreement has been paid 100% but its the final ballon payment (£3,000) that has been refinanced under a modifying agreement. Just under £1000 has been paid under this modifying agreement.

Problem:

Back in October I placed my account in dispute as to charges and I stopped making monthly payments, these charges have now been refunded, they issued a default on my credit file whilst the account was in dispute.

They also terminated the agreement whilst it was in dispute, I have since paid the arrears and now paid up to date since the dispute has been resolved.

I have made a complaint to the FLA which crossed in the post with the offer from RCI to refund the charges. The Managing Director responded to the FLA stating I must contact their Collections Team, I have done so but they will not deal with my account as they state its closed pending being passed onto a DCA and on hold until a response from FOS is received.

I have also attempted to make increased offer of payments which are double than what is under the agreement to pay the amount off early, the MD stated in his response to the FLA that I cannot do this, they also will not reinstate the agreement.

I have also made a complaint to the FOS yet no response yet....

Questions:

How do I go about getting the default removed?

How can I get the agreement reinstated?

Can they repo the vehicle?

Any other advice....

RCI are one of the most unreasonable, abrupt and downright inflexable companies

I would suggest you go all the way with your complaint- I don't think they can default and close the account if it is in dispute, other better versed caggers will be on soon to help

They can only repo a vehicle with a court order if you have paid over 33% of the balance. Check the small print on your agreement as it will all be there

It may be helpful to ask THEM for a copy of THEIR complants procedures as they may have not followed them.

• 3 months later...

RCI refunded all charges, FLA no longer dealing with the complaint as its now been reported to FOS who are still looking into the case.

RCI have now accepted a repayment plan but have placed a default marker on my credit file. Any ideas how to get this removed?