style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would very much appreciate if anyone can share their experience or in depth knowledge with Third Party Orders .

I am fully converse with how they work in respect to freezing one bank account but I am not converse how it works if I am using it against a third party who owes the defendant money.

Here is my situation.

I have a CCJ against my LL for £5,046 awarded by Cardiff County Court. Its unlikely my LL is going to pay up. I am looking into a Third Party Order and present that to one of the Letting Agents that is renting two properties within the same dwelling owned by the LL.

If I go down this preferred route does the rent collected from the tenants which is likely to be on different dates, have to be with the Letting Agent on the day the order is presented to the LA? or can the LA wait until all rent is collected collectively and then pay me via the order?

• 1 month later...

You might have read the FAQ, which contains some information that might be helpful - Got A Judgment? How To Get Paid

You should consider carefully when to make your application. The court order which is initially sent to the third party will only 'freeze' money held in an account on the day it is received by (served on) the third party. So if, for example, the order is received a couple of days before the money is paid into the account, you are likely to receive little or nothing since the 'freeze' will not be applied to any money paid into the account after the court's order was received.

See http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/enforcement/thirdparty/when.htm

Edited by Ed999