• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DCA Motormile Finance bypassing 141 withold number. **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... it will be very very illegal as it is an invasion of privacy.

As I said, only certain types of business line and even then the customer must make a declaration relating to why they want that info and be registered with the ICO. I was just making the comment that it can be done in certain circumstances.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the 2 days is delivery time which starts 2 days after delivery or the next WORKING day after u can prove they recieved the letter, eg a signature on the Rm website or a letter from them acknowledgin the request. The 12 days are working days so it would be mondays to fridays not including any official bank holiday or public holiday and weekends.

Eg

Monday 4th April sent

Tuesday 5th Signed for.

Wednesday 6th day one

thursday 7th day 2

friday 8th day 3

sat not count

sunday not count

Monday 11th day 4

Tuesday 12th day 5

13th day 6

14th day7

15th day 8

18th day 9

19th day 10

20th day 11

21 day 12.

Hope this helps

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thats how the system was explained to me so as it is the easiest way to explain things then l thought it would be best to do that with others, not saying people are stupid but it can become very confusing whenstress and just feeling snowed under with everything.

So it was sent out and they did not sign for it till the 5th, blimey that just proves the postal system is rather slow these days. Good luck with your wait and if you do, or do not, get anything come back to us as u now cant really do anything until saturday anyway due to friday being a bank holiday and u having to wait till the end of the day on thursday as they MAY hand delivery the documents to you via one of there doorstop people or a agent thats in the area etc.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well it's now Saturday and nothing has arrived from them, either through the post (today's has arrived without a late reply) or hand delivered. Where do I go from here? I found a 'failure' letter in the library, is this the way to go? Thanks in advance for advice.

Where do I go from here? I found a 'failure' letter in the library...

In the Library go to the Debt Collection section in the menu to the right, scroll down to the bottom of the first page and you want the one called "Failure to provide a copy of the agreement within the prescribed timescale."

You will need to amend it a little for the dates that apply in your own case, but it's pretty straightforward. Make sure you get proof of posting and in the meantime consider them as failures who have been unable to provide the paperwork they need to be able to collect on the alleged debt.

If they do come up with the paperwork later then you need to look at the matter again. It is not a case of forgetting all about it because they're so slow at dealing with your request at the moment. Some companies will never provide the document(s), some will, and it could be many months later when it will pop up again.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

'Failure' letter was sent 2 weeks ago and only signed for this week! Do I just sit tight and await a correspondence /acknowledgement from MMF, or just hope they've gone away? What usually, if anything, happens next?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have an update, and not sure what to do next. The clowns at MMF did not respond to either letter I have sent over the past couple of months - and I know they've received them because they were signed for. This morning I have received a text from them asking me to contact them today to discuss a repayment plan and that failure to respond will result in them passing this over to their home visit dept. So, no reference made to the fact that they didn't supply the CCA as requested, my £1 postal order has not been returned, I included the paragraph about home visits not welcome, and the account is now in dispute as the 'failure' letter was sent and received. Please help - I need to know my next move.

Many thanks.

Thanks, but which letter do I send again? Am I starting the whole process again, or just the failure letter? Also, what do I do about the fact they said they'll pass to their home visit dept? Last time they sent the text about 2 days before the w/e and turned up on the Sunday evening - nothing in writing arrived contravening OFT guidelines until after the fact - and even then it was the letter from Mack Hall and MMF in the same envelope telling me MH had passed the debt onto MMF, and MMF telling me they'd taken the debt from MH. I suspect if they don't hear from me today their field agent will roll up over the w/e. They don't play by the rules at all.

Send copies of all the letters you have already sent, together with a covering letter stating that they have continually failed to respond to your correspondence and that they remain in default of your legitimate CCA request. State that any further collection activity or contact while the account remains in dispute will be considered harassment, and that they should also consider the letter as a letter before action concerning any claim that may be made as a result of such harassment.

State that you are sending a copy of the letter and bundle by way of complaint to the OFT – and do it!

In all likelihood it’s bluster and idle threats – bullying, if you will – but if they do dare to show up, have a video camera handy and tell them in no uncertain terms to leave.

Please do not ever be frightened of these idiots.

I'm not frightened of these idiots - it's the person I share the house with! I get it in the neck when idiots like this turn up, so it makes life a whole lot easier if I can stop it in the first place!

You can always go to the local Police station and file a complaint of harassment or simply inform them that you are being threatened by these clowns and have repeatedly told them you will not speak to them on your doorstep, yet they are still threatening you with just that.

You really cannot complain enough about these clowns so inform EVERYONE your MP & the Media included.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Amend this to suit and if they turn up give them a copy and close the door. Dont be afraid to call the police if they do not leave.

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Now I'm really confused! Re-sent the letters on Friday, recorded delivery etc. and sent the whole lot on email too - referenced with the numbers they originally used a few weeks ago. This morning I receive another text "This is an urgent message for losingmymind, please contact Motormile Finance regarding your account on 0844 etc. quoting reference blahblah", (no reference was quoted in Friday's text) only this time the reference is completely different. Now it is possible that this could be another debt coming back to haunt me, however, going on the basis that last time MMF caught up with me it was off the back of Mack Hall chasing, this time there hasn't been any other DCA sending me letters. So I don't know what to think. I now don't know if I'm being harassed over the original debt I posted about, or if MMF have now purchased another (?) and are doing what they did last time - sent a couple of texts asking me to contact, then turning up at the door, then I received the letter, in that order. The fact that there was no reference on Friday's text would lead me to believe that it was connected to the original debt, but now I don't know. Not really sure how to proceed. I want to find out, but obviously I don't want to phone, and I don't want to chance it and wait for their doorstep visit. Any suggestions welcome :)

Many thanks

Ignore it file a complaint about their telephone harassment to the OFT/TS/ and Ofcom.

Your on the merry go round of alleged debts, keep a close eye on your credit file (CRF) see who is nosing around on it, NO DOORSTEP COLLECTORS will ever turn up, they hot only don't have the minerals to do it, they also don't have any legal power or knowledge to do so, treat them exactly the same as you would if someone claimed to be from the water board and needed to check your bath water......!

Keep OFF the phone to any of these clowns, it is pointless talking to toddlers, it just all goo goo goo and gaa gaa gaa, do something interesting like watching paint dry.

File your complaints, and ignore them, until they can produce something that has any notion of common sense and makes logical English, then get on with your life, just chase up your complaints.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

They (Motormile) just don't get it do they? They've signed for the letters that were re-sent, and then last night I received another text:

Dear losingmymind. Visit https://paymmile.co.uk for exclusive online discounts Your unique access no. is Mxxxxx Motormile Finance (Quick Quid Debt)

Getting very annoyed with them now...

Time to report this to the OFT!! With out delay.

And inform them you have done so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Now they're resorting to leaving messages on my voicemail.

Reported the whole sorry tale to Consumer Direct today. They said they would let Trading Standards know.

I was told that it would be possible for this to go through the small claims court, but that they would have to prove the debt to be mine, and as I had requested the CCA which they've ignored, MMF aren't doing too well at proving anything other being an irritation right now.