No refund received for a cancelled contract? What do i have to do to recover the monies?

stush
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I paid a deposit to book a live singer for a show and received a contract for it.

The agent that dealt with the booking, within 7 days stated that they wanted more than 3 times more than the agreed price and cancelled the contract and offered a refund.

He said the refund would be in my account on a saturday over a week ago, but he then emailed me saying that he couldnt deposit cash into my hsbc account as he wasnt a hsbc customer and he'd sort in the week.

He still hasnt refunded the money, and my bank said they cant dispute or recall a faster payment.

When calling the agent he doesnt answer the phone, and then i'd get a text saying he'll call the next day...i then dont get a call back...

What are my options in recovering this money? The amount in question is £750.00.

I have a copy of the contract, email from him saying that he couldnt deposit the money as it was a saturday etc, aswell as a copy of my payment receipt.

You have to send the letter first. Send recorded.

You can use the goverment website to do the court stuff.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

And yes, the winner will be able to claim for costs.

But remember you can lose as well as win in court.

What would my initial costs be to do this?

you can also add 8% interest on the money – which won't be very much, but that today's savings rates it is very good.

The advice you are receiving to bring a County Court action is absolutely correct. Do it using Money Claim Online. You will find it through Google. The claim will be issued within two days of you having completed the details in your browser. You pay by credit card. The claim will be deemed served two days after is sent and then 14 days later you can enter judgement if no defences been filed.

Don't hang around. It sounds to me as if the person you are pay the money to is in trouble.

And don't send it recorded if you have any inkling that they won't sign for the letter or (if they get carded) won't go to the sorting office to pick it up.

Instead, send two identical copies from two different post offices, getting proof of postage from each. The letter will be "deemed served" two days later. If, when it comes to Court, there's a hearing and he disputes receiving the letter, the fact that you have two proofs of postage will go against him. It's very rare for one letter to go missing - so by two going missing the odds must be really high.

And remember - as well as the interest, you can claim all Court costs back.