Need Help with Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay u have really got brassed off with Halifax i have a loan with them gone from 7k to 8k in space of 4 months due to arrears and the fact under my DMP i pay them 110 per month for loan and they charge me interest of 95.77 so pay like £15 a month also have 2 credit cards with Halifax owing them 2k in total

Halifax are the ones who seem to be making a big scene out of my problems and seem to just make things worse for me and not helping at all, And every month they have put a derogatory on my credit file,

So i am thinking of doing this, Paying them a standard order of like £5 for each and just concentrate on paying every other creditor off, I know the debt will not disappear but i have been paying them and they dont help me whatsoever.

I have read that they send it on etc and eventually at a last resort take you to court but these are the pros im thinking

My credit file is totally screwed anyway so what else can happen to my file that hasn't already happened?

If i don't pay them and they take me to court i can prove i payed them every month for 6 months but they were just being unreasonable ?

They might accept a F+F after 12 months?

The reason i say this is because all this debt is effecting my health and have been of with depression and i know this does not solve the problem instantly but i will have able to pay other creditors and my parents are selling their house next year and they have already said they will give me 10k to go towards paying off debt?

Please please can anyone help and be honest and if you have experience this before i would love to know

Hi Baz1986 Welcome.Halifax not the most pleasant company to deal with,and their current course of action is stupid but normal for Halifax.

You can do a DMP yourself but as you are getting very stressed go to the CCCS website have a good read and as long as you are happy with what you read,as you have a loan and 2 credit cards with Halifax a DMP I feel is the best route and it is always FREE.they very often can arrange 0%,no guarantee but I use them and I have 0% on all of my debts.

In the meantime with the loan and credit cards look at recovering all of the charges (example those £12 late payment etc charges).Any PPI on the loan and Credit Cards?

Some work to do but worth it

Regards FS

Yeah that is a great help, i am with the CCCS but they will not let me remove my loan so have decided to cancel with CCCS, all my other creditors have agreed to stop charges and i pay them and it comes off the amount...GREAT!!

Halifax have not helped me one bit with my loan they also put my current account overdrawn as they automatically took money from my account, i had no money in there but they still put me overdrawn and i now refuse to pay that so that has gone from being 260 overdrawn to a debt collector company requesting £375.

I am being naive by just sending them a standing order for what i can owe and then let them take me to court?

Any help would be great

PS- I really want to sort my financies out but when a company does nothing whatsoever for you it makes u boil and just want to challenge them

Did you have an overdraft facility set up? Did they take the money using the right to offset rules? they shouldnt have put you into the red by taking the amount without an overdraft being in place. If an overdraft was in place then its no different to any other direct debit/standing order taking money out.

You could always pay them an amount you can afford and put in a complaint first to the Halifax and then to the FOS after either no response or the usual guff from Halifax.

S.

Yeah i had a temporary agreed overdraft with them, but they now have put me in the red and even when i told them i was having a problem meeting my repayments

From this week i will managing my own Debt Management Plan and plan to give Halifax a very minimal amount back for what i owe, the way they have treated myself and many others from reading threads is a disgrace, I will wait until they take me to court so someone who is independant can make a decision, So far they have slapped extra 110 of charges on overdraft and also put extra 1000 on my loan i now owe on my loan that i originally took out..Shocking, Think i am going to concentrate on paying other creditors and let Halifax take me to court? Any suggestions

Yeah i had a temporary agreed overdraft with them, but they now have put me in the red and even when i told them i was having a problem meeting my repayments

From this week i will managing my own Debt Management Plan and plan to give Halifax a very minimal amount back for what i owe, the way they have treated myself and many others from reading threads is a disgrace, I will wait until they take me to court so someone who is independant can make a decision, So far they have slapped extra 110 of charges on overdraft and also put extra 1000 on my loan i now owe on my loan that i originally took out..Shocking, Think i am going to concentrate on paying other creditors and let Halifax take me to court? Any suggestions

Ok, If it was me I wouldnt want to get near court, I would keep paying what I can but also put in a formal complaint to the halifax, ensure I state that I'm in financial difficulty and wait for their response or the 8 week limit. Then I'd go to the FOS and complain about Halifax's conduct.

S.

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, Yeah halifax havent reduced my intrest on my cards to 0% like 1% so im paying them off like £4 off my debt will take me at least 10 years to pay them, Have not CCA them but the debt is 9 months old, I am going to pay halifax off £30 a month and hope for a F+F eventually, Only 2 more defaults and i think they will pass me on to debt agency. Halifax in general are rude and unhelpful and are not intrested in helping you out, One good thing is though i am claiming missold PPI that should be about 1600 if succesful. Nex thing i need to know on my quest to get free from them is:

How do i claim my Card insurance

How do i claim my charges back and why do they have to refund my charges?

Am i right in saying if i pay like £30 can they refuse it?

Any advice is GREAT advice

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, Yeah Halifax haven't reduced my interest on my cards to 0% like 1% so im paying them off like £4 off my debt will take me at least 10 years to pay them, Have not CCA them but the debt is 9 months old, I am going to pay halifax off £30 a month and hope for a F+F eventually, Only 2 more defaults and i think they will pass me on to debt agency. Halifax in general are rude and unhelpful and are not interested in helping you out, One good thing is though i am claiming missold PPI that should be about 1600 if successful. Next thing i need to know on my quest to get free from them is:

How do i claim my Card insurance

How do i claim my charges back and why do they have to refund my charges?

Am i right in saying if i pay like £30 can they refuse it?

Any advice is GREAT advice

Okay Some help please on the next steps

I have had 3 loand with Halifax since 2006, Every time i have topped up my Loan and payed the other one off, In this time i have had 3 PPI's on these accounts, Now i have read loads and i obviously did not need PPI as My work covered for sickness for a year and my job was not at risk and still is not at risk. I also have had 2 credit cards with Halifax which i was paying Insurance on that as well

I have phoned Halifax to register my complaint on PPI loand and received my Credit agreements, After reading a lot on this great site my first mistake was ringing them. Anyway have had a response saying about they have received my complaint and will contact me within 8 weeks,

I want some advice on the next steps please:

Am i right in sending a letter with a PPI questionnaire to them to confirm my complaint in writing?

If so i seen a great letter on here yesterday but cannot find it, it mentioned about exclusions about sickness etc and i wanted to send that one...Can anyone copy a link for me?

Where do i go with my Halifax credit cards? How do i get information on Insurance?

Thanks

Halifax are certainly giving me extra and in the form of charges... Okay i made a official complaint to Halifax regarding me being on a DMP and have accepted my debt problems and want to sort out.. So i have been paying £110 a month for 6 months then i got my half year statement and to my horror they have been slapping £97 interest charges...so i have been paying them £13 a month of what i owe and i am £700 in arrears.... Had letter back off Halifax and they say they are not willing to stop interest.

Help with next steps please?

This month i am paying them £20 until i can get some sense out of these sharks

Was with CCCS but have had to cancel that because they would not let me remove the debt, i know run my own DMP, Also CCCS said they couldnt do anything else to get them to stop the interest

Baz you are correct CCCS are very unhappy if you wish to drop a creditor for whatever reason,

Claim back all the stupid charges they have made and remind them if they persist with the current interest charges,the debt will never be paid and as you are having financial difficulties which they must be aware of,otherwise you would not be running a DMP.

The BBA make it very clear payments are made on the basis of what the debtor can honestly afford,and not based on the financial requirements of the bank.

regards FS

How much is each charge? I have no idea of the present rate

Well the interest is the same as what it was when i applied, I have made this very clear to halifax my situation, i really do not get this company i am trying to pay what i can and they just dont give a dam, So now i will let them take me to court, i will pay them 30 per month until the refund all my charges and set up a payment plan with me otherwise they will not a tenth of what i owe them:

Okay so i have already complained about my charges through PPI on my loans now how do i claim back for my credit cards?

And finally i am doing my own DMP, So should i just pay the rest what i have agreed with creditors and just let the Halifax come to me with a reasonable offer?

I would suggesst that you write to them quoting relevant extracts from The Lending Code which came into force on February 1st 2011 and also parts of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Guidelines 2008 (CPUTR 2008) pointing out that if you can find breaches under S7 as I'm sure you will, S11 makes the offences, and this is criminal offences, not civil offences.

They are supposed to do pretty much everything within their power to help you in this situation. If they still refuse a complaint to the FOS is called for in my opinion.

Yeah cheers for that, My next 2 questions are i have had ppi on two previous loans and was wondering when i am successful in my claims does it have to go against my current loan that i have, and lastely can i cancel my ppi on my current loan and should i claim it back

I'm not sure about your final question re cancelling it then reclaiming it. The others will automatically be used to offset your current loan as long as it is still with the original creditor. If it goes to a DCA this situation can change.

If i was to cancel my PPI on current loan then i wouldn't claim back, just wondering if i could just cancel cus i really do not need this.

Back to how they will refund me my PPI, even though the loans got paid off do i still have to give it to the current loan? See the reason i ask this because i settled early they still had the full amount of PPI. Also as i am on a DMP can i request it gets spread evenly?

Sorry - let me get this clear. You settled previous loans in full, including the ppi. Is the current loan a consolidation loan that repaid those early, or is it for something totally separate? If totally separate you may still get the ppi back personally if you feel you were missold it. If it was a consolidation loan, if you're up to date with payments (sorry haven't read full post - should probably know that!) then it should come to you, if you're in arrears then it will probably offset the current loan.

Hope that makes sense!

Yeah settled the previous two and the PPI's but what i did was have a 'top up' on my loan so had new loan account numbers etc etc but i am still with the same bank!

Yes my loan is in arrears but i am about to put into dispute on the grounds that i mentioned in this post