Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Is it possible to get DLA care but nothing for mobility.

Also, could a person get mobility even if they could walk but was on strong medication because of their pain.

You see people all the time get out of disabled cars who can obviously walk, even if they do have walking sticks, what does virtually unable to walk mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's possible to get the care component but no mobility component.


This link gives great insight into 'virtually unable to walk', and lists case law pertaining to it.


To receive higher rate mobility, being unable to or virtually unable to walk is only one area considered. You can also qualify if the exertion required to walk would constitute a danger to your life or would be likely to lead to a serious deterioration in your health or you are both deaf and blind or you are entitled to the higher rate care component and are severely mentally impaired.


It does not have to be the disabled person who drives the car. They can nominate two drivers, or a third if they pay slightly more. The car is provided for the benefit of the disabled person. But the disabled person does not always have to be in the car, and it can be used by a nominated driver to do the disabled person's shopping or run errands for them.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually means cannot walk further than around 50 metres at a very slow pace. This doesn't have to be every day, as you can have good and bad days, but should be the majority of the time. If you can consistently walk further than 50 metres at a reasonable speed with the assistance of pain meds, then you would not be entitled to high rate mobility. Plus there are other ways of qualifying including severe mental impairment, but I won't repeat what Erika has said!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...