• Tweets

• urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Somebody opened an account in my name and extracted just under 5K. Instead of involving the police the bank, which I will call GnatAntiEast, decided to remedy their mistake by suing me.

Following the advice on this site, which I have found very useful, I put in a CPR 31.14 request for the agreement. They offered to agree to extend the period for defence submission by 2 weeks AFTER I had the agreement. My questions are:

Does the defence period for submission deadline have an absolute maximum and if so what is it?

Would the court agree to a contingent extension?

Does the agreement returned have to have identity evidence that may have accompanied its original submission?

Can CPR 18 be used to expand details from the agreement while the track is undecided?

Especially in a case like mine, most of the evidence lies with the claimant, and usually in the small claims court, forcing disclosure is not an option. I noticed some discussion of 'Directions' as a proxy for disclosure at the Allocation of track stage.

How successful has that proved to be?

If 'Directions' prove not to be an option has anyone found using a counterclaim of defamation ( for > 5K) or harassment a useful tactic?

Finally some more general questions:

The chequebook/credit card/debit card was not delivered to my address. Is the bank so incompetent to permit collect of these items from the bank branch or have them delivered to some other address?

If the post office was used to redirect mail is there a database listing such diversions?

I have reported this to the police. The problem is that they do not regard me as an injured party and frankly didn't seem that interested. I told the bank I had reported the matter, giving crime number and contact details but they had the brass neck to came back saying that they had phoned but the

police weren't getting back to them! My feeling is that they fancy their chances with 'on the balance of probabilities' rather then 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

I did start the SAR route but as it is an identity theft case I do not have the correct signature. As I do not intend to give them id data that would bolster their case I am considering a notary. However if I end up in the small claims track I believe they can refuse to divulge data; additionally they can delay for 40 days.

I had no communication with the bank until letters demanding payment.

Hi Para

Have you complained to the ICO? How someone was able to Mis-use your Personal Details/data.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers