I need to sort my debts out once and for all! Help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a strict bury the head in the sand kind of girl but I've decided enough is enough and I need to get it sorted, my two options are token payments or bankruptcy, reason been I am disabled and on benefits for now.

I don't even know the exact figure I owe, I'm guessing around £20,000 between 2 banks, Egg, mobile phones, think thats all my creditors. I also owe rent arrears and water.

I'm looking at doing a SOA just to see whats what and to possibly send to creditors, do I include my DLA and husbands carers in this?

Also it asks for figures for food shopping, do I put a smaller amount and have to start saving more?

Any help would be great.

Boppy Hi,have read your thread a number of times,and after much thought I would suggest you go to the CCCS website have a good read and use their income and expenditure form,if you are happy with what you read,contact them I feel they will give you the ``FREE advice and help that you need

You can do a Debt Management Plan your self but CCCS I think is your 1st move.

Kind Regards FS

• Confused 1

Hi, welcome to the forums. I've written a self-help guide to dealing with debts, you can read this within my blog (links within my signature).

There is plenty of help and support on this forum. Charities such as CCCS and National Debtline are very good too!

Hi Boppy, i was exactly the same i buried my head in the sand and it just got worse, eventually i decided to get a grip of it and speakt to professional help, i think the main reason i didnt want to ask was the pride, but i spoke to CCCS who were very helpful very kind and informed me that i was doing the right thing, i have 6 creditors and within the first month all but one frooze intrest and whatever i pay goes straight off the debt, CCCS take no fee which is great, The only down side of a DMP is your credit file is seriously damaged and will be for 6 years, but if it means you can finally get to grips with your finances and feel a huge weight off you.

Good luck and keep using this forum to update

By the way, to answer your questions - you shouldn't include the DLA but you DO include the carer's allowance.

The likes of the CCCS will only take you on if you have a surplus of £100 or more to pay your creditors. If you cannot muster that then bankruptcy is a good option, weight off your mind + fresh start are huge benefits.

Seq - I get DLA and I've always been told to put it in as income and then exactly the same figure as expenditure with no breakdown of how it is spent. Is this not right, or can it be done either way? I ask as it could be pretty critical to me at the moment in recalculating my IE sheet.

Seq - I get DLA and I've always been told to put it in as income and then exactly the same figure as expenditure with no breakdown of how it is spent. Is this not right, or can it be done either way? I ask as it could be pretty critical to me at the moment in recalculating my IE sheet.

There are two ways you can deal with DLA.

a) your way of placing it within income and then within outcome so it balances out

b) not including it at all. a creditor *should* be informed that it is recieved but it's used for health-related costs (whatever they might be)

it's not income, it's a an allowance :)

Hope this helps!

I am a strict bury the head in the sand kind of girl but I've decided enough is enough and I need to get it sorted, my two options are token payments or bankruptcy, reason been I am disabled and on benefits for now.

I don't even know the exact figure I owe, I'm guessing around £20,000 between 2 banks, Egg, mobile phones, think thats all my creditors. I also owe rent arrears and water.

Hi Boppy,

Should any of your mobile accounts be with us I'm happy to assist you in any way possible.

In the event you need to you can contact me via the details in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To enable to make sure it gets to us could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK