rknight20772

Egg loan with Charging order from Drydens

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I took out a loan with Egg in 2005, and about a year later I broke my back and was later made redundant so was unable to keep up payments.

After the usual default notices, the debt was passed onto a company called Drydens who took me to court and obtained a charging order on my property. At the time I wasnt very "savvy" and just went with the process after talking to the citizens advice service.

I would like to look at selling my house. The drop in house prices means I am almost in negative equity. Obviously Drydens refuse to remove the charging order to allow me to sell.

Is there any mileage in me investigating if the initial agreement is enforceble, and then going to court for a redetermination to see if I can have the charging order removed? What date did get their house in order and tidy up their agreements?

Ive read a lot of posts and information on the forums, but I am unsure as to how to proceed. Is it work trying, or should I just look at bankruptcy and forget the hassle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi rk

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers