Advice on parking ticket please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a space that is a blocked of car park for an unused factory. Its blocked off with a concrete block. I have always seen people parking there its just typical the day i do i get a ticket. My question is thought, there are no yellow lines, im not touching any.

To really kick my while im down there are other cars parked on double yellow lines with no ticket that were there when i parked. I just dont understand the logic in that!

My question is do i have grounds for an appeal? Here is my car below followed by 2 others metres away.

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

I appreciate any help

Rich

IMAG0050.jpg

I think you need to let us have a look at the ticket so that we can understand precisely what is the contravention that they are alleging.

Certainly, you should be challenging it. It is extremely unfair if you have been given a ticket and others on the yellow lines haven't. Clearly there are no yellow lines were your parking and you not obstructing anybody. Somebody is really being a "jobsworth"

Thanks for the quick reply.

That street is literally full of cars on pavements etc and i think where im parked is probably the only legal spot of so i thought.

Below is a scan of the ticket.

Ok not sure why it came out so small.

The reason for charge is: parked in a resticted street during prescribed hours.

There are no signs or anything to say what hours are acceptable and cars are parked here all day every day.

scan0004.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Thats right. But the factory is blocked of with concrete blocks all around and so is that entrance. Where the red car is where i parked. Unusual i no but i cant understand why cars parked on the yellow lines were left?

As I thought. The DYLs apply right up to the boundary wall which includes the pavement so where the red car is would be within the yellow lines. If the other cars which were parked on the yellow lines did not get PCNs, the i would write a letter asking for an explaination and suggesting that they consider cancelling your ticket under the circumstances.

Er, no. You appeal on the grounds that you feel your PCN is invalid. What did or did not happen to others is of no consequence.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

So its best to appeal on the grounds i was unfairly charged due to the other vehicles not getting charged?

No, thats not what I meant. write a letter saying that as your car was the only one which had a ticket, perhaps they would consider cancelling your ticket as a matter of fairness.