Excel again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at first I was really worried, now I just ignore them.

I haven't had any phone calls but if I do I shall refuse to pay.

In the unlikely event it gets to court, I will stand my ground . They are just nasty bullies and this forum has helped keep me strong.

Mo

Well I have had not one....but 2 telephone calls today from different people at

Graham White solicitors.

Having explained my point to the first one this morning I wasn't prepared to explain again to the second.

Neither call was threatening and I have made it very clear that I am not paying them another penny.

I have told them to feel free to take me to court and I will point out that I sent them a cheque for £30

and only to accept it as full and final payment.

The cheque was cashed and as far as I am concerned that should be an end to it.

Watch this space!!!

Mo

They may well pester you more, but I don't think you will see them in court.

They seem to have been busy recently do you think they are trying to get as much as they can in before they hopefully lose their licence?

Well through this forum I have learned that Graham White solcitors and Machael Sobell are all part of Excel anyway

I just wonder how many people without the internet actually pay up because they are afraid not to.

I bet Anne Robinson and the Watchdog team would sort them out. In fact if they keep harrassing me I may just

give them a call.

Mo

Well through this forum I have learned that Graham White solcitors and Machael Sobell are all part of Excel anyway

I just wonder how many people without the internet actually pay up because they are afraid not to.

I bet Anne Robinson and the Watchdog team would sort them out. In fact if they keep harrassing me I may just

give them a call.

Mo

Graham white and sobbell et al are not connected with excel. Excel just farm out their invoices to them

micheal sobbell used Graham white as a trading name. Graham white is a trading style of Roxburghe.

I am currently fighting Excel on behalf of a friend who have obtained here details from the DVLA stating that they had 'reasonable cause' under regulation 27 blah blah. I have wrote back to them asking them to state what their reasonable cause was for obtaining her details. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what constitutes reasonable cause. She was parked wholly within a parking bay and not obstructing anybody or anything, her alleged offence was overstaying her ticket by some 6 minutes or so.

The basis of our original complaint was that their fine was unreasonably high considering the amount of loss to the landlord i.e. about 7p plus a couple of quid for admin. I have now pointed out that they have committed a quite a few offences by obtaining her detail unlawfully. Any7 advice please.

Well Excel got my details from DVLA as well....apparently they are allowed to buy your details.

I had an all day ticket at a cost of £2.50 and was parked for about 3 Hours.

The bays were not marked and I parked next to a row of cars. Excel say I was causing and obstruction...utter dosh.

I didn't even know they had supposedly stuck a ticket on my windscreen as it wasn't there when I returned.

The first I knew was a month later when they sent me a late payment 'fine'

They are a nasty lot and I don't think DVLA should be allowed to give them names and addresses etc.

I will willingly go to court and dispute this.....but apparently they don't 'do' court.

Mo

both of you...

IGNORE THEM!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've had two of these "PCNs" from Excel parking now. The first one was over a year ago, I had the full range of letters and phone calls. The "solicitor's letter" threatened court action within two weeks I think, but true to form nothing happened. I haven't replied to the last one I had and it's over a month now without a follow up - proving it's best to just ignore the original PCN. By the way, I've never seen such a ridiculous solicitor's letter in my life, it was never written by a lawyer. It actually said "this matter will not go away!" like from a gangster movie. What a bunch of cowboys.

they are all full of bs,,cant/wont do anything,,cant believe someone actually paid £30-00,, i would have paid them £30-00 not to pay it???????,,incredible,,,just ignore completely and all threats that will come ,,nothing will happen.they dont do court,,? why,,because they know they will lose.

You can't blame someone for paying them though. Some people don't like the threats and don't like conflict. For me, they can take me to court anytime they like, I'd quite enjoy it. A friend of mine paid one, she was suffering from depression and didn't want the stress. This is what they play on, it's more likely to be a vulnerable person who pays up.

Well thank you for that.

I am a 67 year old blue badge holder, retired and living alone.

I have never had a parking ticket in over 45 years of driving or a point on my licence.

These letters threaten Bailiffs, black marks on credit scores for 6 years and the cost just keep going up.

I am quite savvy and this forum has kept me from wavering..... but I can understand why people pay up just to try and stop the harrassment.

Mo

Well thank you for that.

I am a 67 year old blue badge holder, retired and living alone.

I have never had a parking ticket in over 45 years of driving or a point on my licence.

These letters threaten Bailiffs, black marks on credit scores for 6 years and the cost just keep going up.

I am quite savvy and this forum has kept me from wavering..... but I can understand why people pay up just to try and stop the harrassment.

Mo

Yep if only people realised the letters mean nothing and can be flushed down the loo!!

Well 2 phone calls and now another letter from the solicitor today.

Excel must be getting desperate for funds with all the postage and call charges they accrue.

Still not paying and still ignoring the letters.

Mo

and you still have not recieved a parking ticket after 45 years,, this is as you now know ,,worthless loo paper,all being sent by the same idiot, who disguises themselves as,, excell/graham white, solicitor/roxburghe debt collectors,,incredibly all based at same address,,this surely cant be a con?, OH YES IT IS,,it wont affect credit rating etc etc in any way shape or form,, i wish excel would take me to court,,but guess what,, they wont,, why? because they know they will lose,,,incidentally there are millions ahead of me wishing the same,,relax,,enjoy the sun,,bit of wimbledon, andy murray to win,,well, to be honest, there is more chance of me paying an excell invoice??????.