Excel again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What can they do if you stop the cheque? They've still got no legal claim to any money from you.

They will and have taken people to court for not honouring the cheque in fact there is a current thread on this forum where this is happening to them.

Never stop a cheque. The best way to avoid this is to not write it in the first place and to ignor all communication from the start as advised by this very experienced forum. Trouble is many people cannot resist and fall for the lies these cheats put on paper.

Click below to read the Excel cheque case:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296990-Excel-Parking-County-Court-Summons-for-cheque-laterly-cancelled-not-a-parking-charge

Edited by ashmk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just checked my bank account and the cheque has been cashed .... I actually wrote on the back...full and final payment.

You are all a great help and I am very annoyed that I wavered...but I really will stick to my guns now. Mo:-)

Well I have now received my 4th letter from Excel.

They have cashed the cheque for £30 but not accepted it as a full and final payment.

They say if I don't send them another cheque for £70 it will be put into the hands of a debt agency.

BUT I am taking everyones advice and NOT paying...or replying to any more letters from them. :-)

That's the spirit. Come back here if you're tempted to waiver. They're just thinking that you have responded to them and might be easier to get more money, or any money from than someone who ignores them from the off.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB...I will definately NOT waiver.

As far as I am concerned the £30 covers whatever they consider I owe them for contravening their parking laws.

I still don't see what law I supposedly broke....but no way am I paying a 'late payment' for something I didn't receive in the first place.

Regards Mo :-)

Well I have now received my 4th letter from Excel.

They have cashed the cheque for £30 but not accepted it as a full and final payment.

They say if I don't send them another cheque for £70 it will be put into the hands of a debt agency.

BUT I am taking everyones advice and NOT paying...or replying to any more letters from them. :-)

If you sent it stating that it was 'in full and final payment' and they have cashed it, then they have accepted it as full payment whether they say they have or not.

Did anyone see WATCHDOG on tv last night? omg how topical was that!

So many PPCs in trouble.

Excel wasn't mentioned by name BUT any of the complaints could have been about them.

This forum has been a godsend to me...I was worrying so much when I got the first 2 letters....I now have 4 and have completely put them out of mind. Thanks everyone. Mo :-D:whoo:

Thanks HB...I will definately NOT waiver.

As far as I am concerned the £30 covers whatever they consider I owe them for contravening their parking laws.

I still don't see what law I supposedly broke....but no way am I paying a 'late payment' for something I didn't receive in the first place.

Regards Mo :-)

There are no parking laws for private property and secondly rest assured that you still have not received a parking ticket. All you got was an invoice inviting you to pay an amount fo money for thier pleasure. Hang in there!

There are no parking laws for private property and secondly rest assured that you still have not received a parking ticket. All you got was an invoice inviting you to pay an amount fo money for thier pleasure. Hang in there!

And tell all your friends not to give money to these errr... people.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go again...now got a red final demand notice from Excel prior to Court Action. WOW they don't give up do they.

BUT I am still not paying them another penny.

They have cashed the £30 cheque even though I wrote 'full and final payment' on the reverse.

As far as I am concerned they shouldn't have cashed it if they didn't accept that.

These letters really don't bother me now and I just put them away with all the others.

Thanks guys for the help and support...much appreciated. Mo

• 1 month later...

Well guys, I have now had a couple of letters from a debt collecting agency as the £30 cheque I sent to excel as full and final payment....although being cashed they are still not satisfied.

Well today I have received a NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION from Graham White Solicitors and the amount has now risen to £207. 25.

Next apparently is proceedings being issued in the County Court.

They are also saying my credit rating will be affected for 6 years and in the event of a judgement order a Bailiff can attend my property and remove goods for sale at public auction.

I have so far ignored all these letters but I have never had anything like this happen to me before and I must admit to feeling sick to my stomach but sticking to my guns with the support from all of you on this forum.

These threats all stem from not paying them £30 within fourteen days for a late payment that I never even knew I had.

This latest letter is from a Michael Sobell.

What should I do now????

Advice appreciated...thanks in advance :mad2:

Just another meaningless letter in their chain of threatograms. Keep ignoring. If you log onto the Money Saving Expert parking forum you can see all the stupid letters you can expect from these people.

We all told you that sending them a partial payment wouldn't get them off your back, but what's done is done.

Nothing will happen. They won't take you to court, your credit rating won't be ruined, and no bailiffs will come banging on your door. The notice of intended litigation from Graham White is just another of their standard letters with the amounts amended.

I'm guessing this is the letter you've received (or something very much like it);

http://i35.tinypic.com/9lluvn.jpg

Following this will be approximately 3 "final warnings". Then the letters will stop altogether.

Hang on, not long to go now.

This is exactly the notice I received today for £207. 25.

Thanks for all the support, I dread to think of the sleepless nights I would have had endured otherwise.

My credit rating has always been excellent and it is reassuring to know they can't alter that.

I will wait for the next notification and continue to ignore the threats.

Mo

Basically to hopefully get them off my back.

I had a valid parking ticket diplayed on my windscreen but according to excel I was parked in a non designated area.

I did NOT have any notice from them stuck on my windscreen when I returned to my car and the first I knew was when I got a letter from them a month later saying I owed them £100 late payment.

My argument is...how could I have a 'late payment' for something I never even knew I had in the first place.

This has been going on sice February with each letter ever more threatening than the last.

Anyway the £30 I eventually sent them was to be cashed only as 'full and final payment' and written on the back of the cheque.

I thought that would be the end of it....some hope!

Mo

three threads merged

please keep to one thread perissue.

why did you pay!

you were advised not too and what would happen if you did.

silly begger.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and by the way...

excel lost the cheque cashing case too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...