BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Am looking for some advice, and i know you guys are always helpful   My parents moved into a rented accomodation back in the early 80's and have a standard tenancy agreement covered under the 1977 rent act.   As a sitting tenant, the landlord did virtually no work to the property, with my parents maintaing when needed. We lost my dad a few years back, and my mum is struggling to maintain. We have had major issues with electrics and drainage which we approached the landlord for with no replies for last 18 months. We did all we could to work with them.   I have done as much as i can do, but am aware it is quite unsafe and we managed to get the local council to help. They assessed the property remotely, and sent a list of repairs that the landlord needed to perform within 6 weeks. After tradesman have reviewed the repairs Include: Removal of an unsafe conservatory Rewire of entire property - including new mains Repairing a partially collapsed sewer. Repair/replace damaged single glazed windows. Making fire safe   The landlords have been in contact and started some works, however - am very aware with mum being on her own, with COPD we need to keep her sheilded.   Are the landlords obliged to put her in alternative accomodation while the works are carried out? What precautions can i make to ensure the tradesman are compliant with COVID-19 regualtions (We have not allowed any internal works to begin as yet)? Is there an alternative way out of this? Can i approach the landlords asking to move her into a more suitable property considering the works needed (4-5 weeks probable). Should i seek advice of a property solicitor at this point? Can they immediately raise the rent to market rate? (I think they/we need to appoint a rent officer) as its quite low at present. Is there anything we need to be careful of not to break the tenancy rules?     My parents have been benefiting from the low rent, but have installed central heating, new boilers etc, lots of repairs to drive ways and maintenace. The place is on a fairly large space and they have always maintained the gardens. Personally, i would prefer to move mum into more suitable accomodation - but she loves this place and i know will struggle to leave.   Any tips on how to handle any of the above!   Thanks!              
    • Hi all,   I have had an ongoing case open with TMO since Feb 2018 against EMC. Decision was made in my favour in Feb 2019, but I am yet to receive any of the refund.    I have just followed this up for the 1,000,000th + time with TMO and am now finding out that they are struggling to get the company to comply (not surprised!).   Has anyone had any luck either receiving refund or getting in contact with the owner?   TMO have removed them from their list of accredited dealers and reported them to Trading Standards and looking into what extent they are still trading, but I'm hoping to get names/contacts for anyone affiliated.   I gather the owner of the parent company - Crown Motor Direct is Nadjeem Kahloufi - has anyone managed to contact him successfully?   I also gather they are still trading as Chobham Central Garage - has anyone had contact with them recently?   Citizens Advice recommended I go through small claims now, which I'm reluctant to do as decision already made in my favour. Issue seems to be more in holding someone accountable.   Any help/advice/details even if seem minor are greatly appreciated!   If anyone wants to get in touch to discuss compiling details/evidence, etc feel free to email me at iwantmymoneyback20@gmail.com 
    • Should i reply them that i intend to proceed with the case   Since they were given 28days to respond how do i know if they have responded to the court..does it show on the MCOL websit
    • Please will you ask this question on a new thread. That way you will get better responses and people won't be confused. By all means refer to this ongoing thread by means of a link – but please don't add a new story tagged on to an existing thread. Start a new thread and we'll come and talk to you there. Thanks.
    • so you didn't get reading up as post 67 advised 3mts ago?   the claim, should they run in all the way...gets transferred to your local court..   please complete this:     dx
  • Our picks

minnieox

twelve year old debt and 11 year old ccj i didnt know about. what can i do?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3366 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My mother recieved a phone call from a David Sykes asking for me. She took the number and passed it on. when I got hold of them it turned out to be Global debt collection, chasing a supposedly old debt, one which a ccj was issued for in 2000. I had no idea of this judgement and had left the address in question in 2006.

The debt was for 900 pounnd for a TSB credit card that I have no recollection of. All of the details that they have are correct in terms of address dob etc. It was a time that was incredibly stressful for me as my partner was dying and I was severly depressed and becoming ill myself, indeed a year later I was recieving chemo. I am begining to question whether the debt is one that I owe as I couldnt even remember the address they quoted at me.

i am at a loss and going crazy with worry, I really do not have a clue what to do, I am living on dissability benefits and am alreading repaying a number of debts that i built up when i was employed.

The final amount is likely to be much more than 900, that is without compound interest or Globals fees.

They didnt sound as if they would be helpfull, couldnt supply a signed agreement for me to check signature and kept mentioning courts police and baliffs. Today is the first I have heard of this debt !!

Help please:sad:

Hi and welcome, did this firm state you had a ccj?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

also forget the threats on the phone they are talking rubbish

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Any judgement older than six years cannot be enforced without permission of a court, this is rarely if ever given.

Although they say there's a CCJ it doesn't necessarily mean there is one so send them this; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

thanks guys/gals , little bit calmer now. just all came as shock. been trying to pay my way outa debt and was doing pretty well i thought. dont want to go down the iva or bankrupcy route or pay debt management company, so been negotiating individually. as i say with some sucess. feel my feet have just been kicked from under me.

it was Global that told me a ccj had been issued.

it took them a long time for them to say that they were global and had told them who i was, all i knew was that i was talking to a David Sykes.

Anyone know a good advice service in oxford ?

First dont worry, if they've waited 12 years a few more wont matter will it. dont ring them at all always in letter never acknowledge the debt , I'm sure you get advice from more experienced, if not have a look at other posts on forums great help

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi,

Although a CCJ never actually becomes statute barred, if a period of 6 years has lapsed where no payments or communication has taken place with the claimant. They do have to apply to the courts before instigating further action. That is the law. But don't expect these scumbags to abide by it.

To enforce a claim, they must have a copy of the original CCJ.

If they are not the original claimant, proof that the debt has been assigned lawfully, and also have they applied to the court to have themselves substituted as the claimant.

I would suggest requesting from them using CPR, proof that a CCJ was granted, and proof of there entitlement to demand payment..