All my possessions taken from home.

nellio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I lost my home due to repossession on the 17th February 2011. As the judge ordered the eviction for the same day I had no time to remove our furniture etc. I called the estate agent who was keeping the keys to say that I have been able to arrange a van to remove the families things. They told me I better hurry up and get round there as they were in the process of throwing it out. I immediately rang the mortgage company to get this stopped and they claimed that there was a notice on the door saying there was a time bound notice requiring me to remove things or they could remove them as they saw fit. I arrived at the home to find all there was left was a bookcase, rack of CDs, dishwasher and washing machine.

Everything that we have worked for was gone or smashed up on the back of a tipper truck. Childs nursery and toys, GONE, other two bedrooms emtied, living room furniture , every pot, pan, knife fork. My driving licence, passport, family photos. EVERYTHING. i informed the mortgage company that there was definately no notice on doors or windows until the house clearer showed my a notice stuck to door with a metal shutter put over it giving me not a cat in hells chance of seeing it. We are tyruly devastated that we have not only lost our home but everything it including jewllery and ireplaceable things such as war madals etc.

Can I and how can I take action against Redstone Mortgages. We have nothing but the clothes we stand in and a couple of kind neighbours have bought the little one clothes and toys.

Please help.

Hi,

I am not here to advise you but I have to say what an utterly horrible experience for you and I am genuinely thinking of you. People on here will help and advise they are great. Nobody is immune from this happening to them, it should be illegal, I always think..to whom the bell tolls.

oh dear god, not another one............ please dont let redstone do this to you.... We lost our home, our posessions, same as you nursery toys beds etc etc,(my daughter was 4 month sold) We didnt know specifics as to the time line as like yours our house had metal shutters, and like you when we got a van arranged they would not take the shutters off so we could get some of the bigger items out, (we got our clothes, some photos and our paperwork) like you our eviction was the same day ( within 90 mins actually). They destroyed the bigger items they couldnt remove, beds etc etc, the chainsawed my childrens trampoline. We tried to take this, a "new" neighbour unfamiliar with us reported suspicious activity in the back garden and reported to the police, who reported to the estate agent etc etc etc. We ended up leaving it.... I tried to fight back, I lost my job, my health and so very nearly my marriage. Please god I hope you are stronger than me.

First off read the above link, I read it on the fsa website and am trying to restart my fight with redstone. More in hope now than anything as I tried and gave up before, they may view this as "leave it it will go away"

My "old" neighbours were brilliant too..... Its good to have a support network, keep it close!!!

I am quite literally stunned at reading your post I thought it was just me, apparently not.........

That is shocking! Make sure you complain to the FSA. Redstone are part of the council of mortgage lenders who have a code for members to follow. The FSA has a web site - money made clear- which has info on complaints re mortgage lenders. Apologies if that's one of the links above.

B

Hi, thank you for your reaponse. I can't believe they can get away with this. Fair enough take my home which is nothing more than bricks and mortar. However I do take exception to 2 adults 38 years worth of possessions and everything a 2 year old child has or needs can be just smashed up and thrown on the tip when all they had to do was call me and say. Hi Mr Carter if you do not remove your items by this date we will be disposing of them. I also find it funny that all the electricals of value were the first things to go to the 'tip'. Flat screen tvs and dab radios etc were one of teh first to go. I'm now wondering if they are panicing somewhat as they oddly brought as much stuff as possible back to teh house albeit smashed to pieces.They clearly have not displyed their chattels notice properly and they were also stringing me along by sending out a means form to see about negotiating moving back in upon clearing of arrears and 3 months up front. I could never go back there now. Passport gone, driving licence, bank books, cheque books. They have totally screwed up my life to the max. Just adding things up roughly I estimate £65000 worth of goods destroyed.(that may sound alot but you try adding up every single item in your home) It is not like they have gone in and there is a stale matress on the floor and a pedal bin which would indicate the house was empty or abandoned. It was exactly as if a family lived there. Which we did. Our family home.

To top it off we had over 40% equity in the home and they'll probably sell it for peanuts and send us a bill.

Regarding the disposal of goods how do I sue them for breach as the eveiction was clearly not carried out properly. Can county court deal with this at all amount to such a high amount of damages sought?

I picked up my claim pack from local county court on Friday, and they say the maximium that you can file for online is £9,999,999, but dont say anything about a max on an in person claim, although the county court fees are tiered and anything above £300,000 + interest is £1,530, just to file, then youve hearing pre trial fees and hearing fees and all sorts to bear in mind aswell.

All need paying BEFORE you actually get into a court room. You can add them onto your claim pack though.

You can get some relief if you fall into certain categories, Things like being on an income based benefit, means you dont pay any fees at all as you are exempt from them. Or you can get all or some relief if your income is below a certain threshold. So fees wise its not set in stone.

Like previously mentioned I have sent Redstone a letter, more in hopes now than anything, but if I take it to court at least I can show the court that I did try to deal with it before involving the courts.

Good luck with this, no matter what you decide to do with it. Our home we had had for 23 years so I know what you mean about putting a cost on things, and yes like you it was all the electricals that went first. To the tip apparently. Like I believe that....

I will post if I get a response from redstone.

Nellio,could you post up your arrears history in full please,by that i mean all info from your side as well as Redstones,we will need all the info from day 1 to the present day situation,the sooner the better if you can,regards N.S