QuickQuick/McKenzie Hall/Meritforce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am currently having a bit of trouble with McKenzie Hall and Meritforce (I assume these are the same company as they seem to have the same number :/). I have passed on my debts to a debt support group, and they have sent letters and a check to try and agree payment, although McKenzie Hall deny every receiving anything. They do not have my bank details and I will not set up any direct debits, I told them this over the phone and the are abusive every time I talk to them and tell me what I am doing is illegal and the legal advice I have been given is not true and basically that I am lying. I have now been sent a letter saying they will be coming to my door to collect payment, when I questioned them over the phone I was told "No it does not say they're coming into your house ( I said TO my house...), I think you might want to go back and read it again before you say we have said we will be coming in". So I have now saved the template from another post to stop them coming, I will be writing to inform they can NOT ring my house phone and I will only accept them sending me letters and no other form of communication, I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the direction of a link/website for a letter about no phone calls. Is there anything else I should be doing?

The debt is for £342 which I did not dispute I said I will pay you £20 per month as I currently can not afford more, which they then said "No, we don't accept monthly payments, you are breaching the contract and we will take you to court you HAVE to pay it all now"

I would also like to help by reporting this company to get them out of the way and stop them bothering other people, I have recently had to come off anti anxiety medication as I can not afford them any more, and these people are making my life extremely difficult! So how do I go about reporting these idiots?? Any suggestions.

Thank you to everyone who reads and repsonds :)

Hi and welcome to CAG

I so wish those calls were recorded. Muck Hall really are the pits with what they say to you.

In this LINK are most of what you will need to shut them up.

Stay off the phone and if they ring you, refuse to go through security citing the Data Protection Act. After all, you are trying to protect your personal data :-D

Pay what you can afford, not what they demand. They have absolutely NO power over you. Treat their threats with the contemp they deserve

(thread moved)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.