Should & write in or wait...?

katiejruss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I am in the process of trying to clean up my credit report and now only have one debt outstanding.

On experian it states that the company name who the debt is with, is Arrow Global Ltd. I had no idea who they were so have been doing some investigating and see that the debt was probably sold to them from the original creditor, but I'm not sure which one it is! I am embarrased to say I had quite a few which I have sorted out & just need to do that one.

So I was just about to write to them to get more info and then discovered the statute barred act & noted that the account defaulted on the 16/3/2005, 6 years ago today!!

Now I'm not sure what to do. I would really like to have this debt removed from my credit report asap as I'm looking to get a mortgage but due to the above, should I just wait? I read that it should automatically clear from your records after the 6 years but I can't find out how long that would actually take and who would need to be the one to remove that!

Any suggestions anyone?

Hi and welcome to CAG

The default should disappear within a couple of months (usually one month)

So long as you have made no payment to this debt since the default then yes it would be SB. If you have made a payment then you would need to work out when that was.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks silverfox!

So do you know 'who' removes this, or is it system generated? If it doesn't dissapear in a month, should I go ahead & write in? As if the SB has applied then me writing in after 6 years won't affect my position, is that right? If however I have contacted them & not realised & they prove this, then I'll want to pay anyway to clear it - does that make sense?

Once a debt is SB, nothing can UN-SB it

The default should automatically vanish but I would advise you to check again in a couple of months to be sure. It is alleged that some creditors will file a new deafult but if that does happen, we can deal with it.

Re: Arrow, I would advise you not to contact them. If they want you, let them do the chasing.

Your original creditor would have placed the default at first then when the debt was sold, Arrow would have replaced the original creditors name with their own although the default date would stay the same.

If they do contact you, come back and we can supply a prove it letter (it's in the library)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE