• Tweets

• There are 2 photos from my evidence previous post [Docs 1 pdf 2.81 mb] First is the view I had approaching car park to the right, this differs enormously from google street view. Even with just 1 car in the carpark can you see any signs ? There is a small road sign in that photo too that was left behind following the roadworks and temporary traffic lights that hid the sign at the front. Second photo is a view from where I parked no wonder I did not see it, in fact the angle is worse viewing from drivers seat as the pole is in line with the tree
    • Pardon late reply, had a busy last few days. I will make enquiries to the Council or Valuations Agency tomorrow when they are open. I am a little apprehensive about getting the dentist involved although I wasn't warned about the new parking system at the time. I have photos but  will need to reduce the mb size of them as 4.5 mb is maximum upload on here. They will also need editing to blot out reg numbers etc. I was given 28 days from CE to cough up after the POPLA decision and that will expire in a few days time. I intend to take this all the way and to save further action [e.g. debt collectors with the £100 rocketing to the thick end of a Grand]   write to CE and tell them take me straight to Court as all letters will be ignored. 
    • Hi, i am not sure if this has been discussed before, i have a feeling it probably has. My partner has claimed carers allowance for looking after her uncle for the last 3 years. She has also quite often worked part time. She has always told me she was allowed to work 15 hours per week and she has always stuck to this limit. However i have looked into it and found that the limit is how much you earn not how many hours you work. Her jobs have always been minimum wage so they have actually kept her just under the earnings limit. This is where i think this subject may have been discussed before, obviously in april 2019 the increase in NMW and the carers earnings limit increase resulted in someone working 15 hours at NMW being 15p over the limit. My partner had no idea she was earning too much until a letter arrived a few weeks ago from the carers people. They suspended her claim and she had to fill a form in  detailing her working hours and earnings etc over a certain period. My partner sought advice from the CAB who said this would be overlooked as it was such a small amount (15p). She received a letter on saturday saying she was not entitled to carers from april 2019 until sep 2019, (she stopped working in september and is not currently working). The letter does not say what they intend to do as she has already received her payments for this period. I have a feeling another letter may be on its way telling her to pay it back ? Surely this can not be right ? Another point to mention is that my partner had £2 per week took from her wages for her uniform, i put this down as an allowable expense but they have completely ignored this and not even mentioned it in the letter they sent out on saturday. As far as i was aware work uniform or equipment should be classed as an allowable expense, this in effect would take her below the carers earnings limit. Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer any advice ? I seriously cant believe they are doing this over 15p per week. Thanks in advance Steve.
    • You are onto something here... POFA s.4 states:   "6(1)The second condition is that the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor)— (a)has given a notice to driver in accordance with paragraph 7, followed by a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 8...   8(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met....   (4)The notice must be given by— (a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period. (5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given."   In the Claimant's WS, from para 54 onwards, they refer to p.9 of POFA regarding the issuing of the notice to the Keeper. They're relying on the wrong paragraph because, as they've issued a notice to driver, they should be relying on p.8, as I've quoted above. The notice to keeper can then only be issued once 28 days have passed. They're stating that it's 14 days, and that they have done this in your case.   Did you include POFA as a WS exhibit?
    • Thanks again!   With regards to evidence raised above, since the application is now scheduled for a hearing, what if I wanted to submit further evidence to support my case for the hearing.   How would that affect the already submitted Witness Statement with the application? (It was not originally meant for a hearing)
  • Our picks

jock_munro

EGG - ARC Europe Ltd help.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3140 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi There

I owe £11k to Egg that I racked up on one of their credit cards.

Unfortunately when the credit crunch hit I lost my job, and since then have not been able to pay it back.

I consulted the CCCS and provided Egg with an income/expenditure and have been making token gesture payments of £1 per month.

The debt has been passed to Arc Europe Ltd.

I sent them a letter offering £1000 as full and final settlement of the debt. (Yes, very cheeky considering how much is owed).

They refused to even send that offer on to Egg.

Surely its not up to ARC to make that call ?

Its up to Egg to consider any offer ?

I've just received a copy of the credit agreement from Egg, which coincided with another letter from Arc.

This time mentioing that they would go to the court to get a charging order on my property.

I'm not sure what action I need to take next.

I'm back at work, but still cant afford to meet the minimum payments, or anywhere near it, as I have a host of other creditors to keep satisfied.

What do I need to do with the credit agreement ?

What am I looking for ?

is it worth getting it looked over by a solicitor ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I must confess, I find the whole thing very daunting, and after 2 years of this I'm beginning to cave in and give up !