• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

myseff V's HFO Ireland services - Court Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well finally have got court papers off HFO services, and do not know what to do now.. Do I acknowledge some of the debt or defend myself.?

Quick background... In 1999 I took on a loan with Capital bank, which when divorce reared up I could no longer pay, as my life and head went into a downward spiral.

I really cannot remember much, but eventually the debt was past on to 'Intrum Justitia' and from 2005 I paid monthley payments, never mised one as I started to get myself together.

This went on to the 22/1/2008 when I received a letter from said company ( I still have it) to state that account had been returned to clients at their request.

I rang HSBOS and they said account was closed.. Which I didnt understand as I still owed £5000.

The next thong I heard was in Oct 2008 when I had a letter from Turnbull Rutherford who stated I had a principal owing of £6159 plus interest of £4939 !! and tha they confirmed I was an homeowner and were looking to enforce payment by a charging order. Then the phone started.

I did speak to them once, but denied owing THEM any money and not to ring me, but to send paperwork . I then got lots of threatng letters for a while then it all stopped.

2010 it started again, Litigation letters, and one ( which I cannot find...which showed a photo of my home etc etc, after finding this site, I sent them a CCA request which was delivered on 23/08/10 . On the 24th I recieved a letter which states in one line " Forward the file for escalation of colection activity, whether by legal action or otherwise" Stating that they will obtain a enforcing judgement by attachment of earning from my workplace...naming the workplace. I do ont know how they found out where I worked!!!

I decided after this sod them, nasty S.O.B's, and that I would rather deal with court than them.!!

I finally got a photocopy of my credit agreement on 17/9/10

I have about 48 hours to reply to court hearing. Any help and advise is sorely needed!

Hello AB...welcome to the CAG forums, try and relax as best as you can. Is it possible you can post up the POC's (Particulars Of The Claim) on here but please don't include dates (or exact amounts !!). I suggest you read this too as you will find it helpful - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?241827-Legal-Action-how-to-start-off.-IMPORTANT-IF-YOURE-BEING-SUED Also does it list on the claim form HFO Cayman Islands ? or Ireland ?

HFO Ireland

Particulars of claim

" The claim is for monies owed to the claimant by the defendent pursuant to an interest bearing credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. The claimant was assigned the defendents debt and all rights and obligations attached thereto by Hsbos ( original lender) The defendant has been provided notices of assignnment previously. The claiment claims contractual interst puruant to the terms of the credit agreement at the rate of 17.00 per annum from the date of assigment to the date of judgment. he claiment is also entitled to claim post judgment contracual interest on the same terms. Full particulrs of claim to follow in accordance with the CPR practice direction 7C ( Para 5.2)

Please please help. I do not deny owing money and can pay a little a month but I only owed £5027, and interest had ben frozen, but they stated it is £6159 and the interest is ridiculous. I one other letter I have it states that I defaulted etc etc, but does not mention that I had been paying another company for 2 and a half years!

Interesting.....as it states Ireland, quite a few of the other caggers are knowledgable about dodgy assignments from Ireland / Overseas, i'm just trying to find some threads on this....I am hoping that those who know HFO well will add to this.....

They will NOT be allowed to get 17% interest.....(well they will if you don't defend this)....I suggest getting off the CPR31.14 in the first instance (send recorded delivery) ? Was there any PPI attached to the loan ? and do have a read around some of the other HFO threads on these forums...

Why do you only have a couple of days to respond? When did you get the claim?

When was the account assigned to HFO? Have you had a notice of assignment?

What is the full name of the original creditor?

Why do you only have a couple of days to respond? When did you get the claim?

When was the account assigned to HFO? Have you had a notice of assignment?

What is the full name of the original creditor?

date of assignment 17/7/08

Original lender HBOS

Just found a letter with photo of my house, A complete property register they had done and a credit list showing everything i pay in and out!

Hi annebolyn

Can you tell us the date on the claim form please? Why do you only have 48 hours to respond?

We need to know exactly where you are up to with this in order to advise properly. Start with the actual court claim and then we will deal with the background to this.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

OK

If the issue date is 7th, you have 19 days to acknowledge the claim and say if you defending. You then have 33 days from 7th to submit a defence. I think.

Which court is it issued through? Can you acknowledge on line?

donate

he claiment is also entitled to claim post judgment contracual interest on the same terms.

Are they claiming the full amount of the debt or only part of it??

donate

IF the issue date was the 7/3 you have 33 days in total to turn this around (5 deemed served) 14 to AoS and a further 14 to submit your defence

if you are defending.

Attention to their P.o.C

" Full particulars of claim to follow in accordance with the CPR practice direction 7C ( Para 5.2)"

Filing separate particulars of claim

(1) Subject to the sub-paragraphs below, the claimant may serve and file particulars of claim separately from the claim form but the claimant must in the claim form –

(a) state that the particulars of claim will follow; and

(b) include a brief summary of the claim.

(2) Where the claimant serves the particulars of claim separately from the claim form pursuant to sub-paragraph (1), the claimant must –

(a) serve the particulars of claim in accordance with rule 7.4(1)(b); and

(b) file a certificate of service in form N215 at the Centre within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim on the defendant.

(3) The claimant must file the particulars of claim at the court to which the proceedings are transferred under paragraph 1.3(2)(e) within 7 days of service of the notice of transfer.

(4) Where the proceedings are not transferred under paragraph 1.3(2)(e) and remain at the Centre, the claimant is not required to file the particulars of claim unless ordered to do so.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Are they claiming the full amount of the debt or only part of it??

They are claiming full amount, ( which is slightly less than all the letters they have sent me state!) Issued from Northampton Court and I can reply online.

I think that you need to consider defending the full claim as the amounts claimed and asignment are certainly worth challenging.

To do this you need to Acknowledge the claim on line and then send the letter below to Turnbull R, send recorded, just initial your name. See what they come back with within 7 days and also if they send you a more detailed POC as they state. We can then help you with a defence.

Adapt the following to contain the details in your POC

Dear Sir,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

Combined CPR 31.12 and CPR 16.4(2) Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) County Court. I confirm having returned my Acknowledgement of Service form to the court indicating my intention to contest all of the proceedings.

Owing to the striking lack of particularity in your Particulars of Claim, I require the prompt disclosure by you pursuant to CPR 31.12 of each of the following documents, mention or reference to which would have been made had the Particulars of Claim contained the minimum of necessary particulars and complied generally with CPR PD 16.

1 the agreement giving rise to the obligation to HBOS ard for the credit advanced. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 the deed or other instrument of assignment by which you / the Claimant acquired rights under the agreement disclosed by you under [1] above.

Additionally and in relation to the interest claimed, pursuant to CPR 16.4(2)

4 Under CPR 16.4(2)(a)(i) please now state whether the claim to £Xxx.xx includes a claim for interest under the agreement disclosed under [1] above and if so,

5 Under CPR 16.4(2)(b) specify the amount of that interest, and

6 the percentage rate of interest, the date from which it is calculated and the date to which it is calculated, alternatively

7 Where more than one percentage rate of interest has been applied or compound interest has been applied in the calculation of the amount of interest specified at [5], specify each element of interest comprising the sum for interest specified at [5] and for each such element specify the amount treated as principal in the interest calculation, the percentage rate of interest, the date from which it is calculated and the date to which it is calculated.

8 Of the interest amounting to £xxx.xx claimed pursuant to County Courts Act 1984 section 69, specify the date from which it is calculated and the date to which it is calculated.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the documents I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.12 request.

You should also ensure compliance with your CPR 16 duties and likewise ensure that the particular regarding interest are fully provided to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request.

If you are unable to comply with that part of this request concerned with CPR 31 and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with any part of this request or fail to request more time, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I look forward to hearing from you.

yours faithfully

donate

Bear in mind that further details of the claim are due – this may provide references to more items you can request via CPR, such as DNs, sale agreements, etc.

So you either enter this CPR request and follow it up with another, or wait for the additional PoC and then issue your request. If there are timing issues, you can request an extension for filing your defence under CPR 15.5.

Yes - quite true DB. It may be worth acknowledging the claim and then waiting a few days for the further details of claim from TR before sending the CPR request. There is another thread where the poster got this quite quickly and then sent off the above CPR. They may refer to a Default notice or something else and then we can ask for that.

donate

Yes - quite true DB. It may be worth acknowledging the claim and then waiting a few days for the further details of claim from TR before sending the CPR request. There is another thread where the poster got this quite quickly and then sent off the above CPR. They may refer to a Default notice or something else and then we can ask for that.

A letter has arrived stating more particulars of claim