Arrow Global/Close Credit Management/Orange

Gobby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some advice please ....

I have recently been checking my credit file, with a view to tidying everything up. I found a default on there from Aroow global for £162 from February 2007. I wrote to Arrow Global nicely asking if for full payment they removed the Default as a good will gesture. I never received a Default notice for the Default placed in February.

I have since received a letter at my parents address asking Close Credit Management to contact them, which I have tonight. They are chasing the £162 working on behalf of Arrow Global. Now I think they are the same company as I mentioned to the guy I spoke to that I had written to Arrow Global with regards to the Default and I had asked for the Default to be removed. He then placed me on hold 'pretending' to contact his 'client' Arrow Global, saying they refused to remove but if payment was made that the Default would be marked as satisfied. He even asked me for partial payment which I refused at this time. I asked if I could speak with Arrow Global directly to which they said no and they were now acting on behalf of Arrow Global.

I have requested seven days for me to place a letter in writing to them and Arrow Global, to which he agreed but he said if I didn't hear back they would then seek legal action to recover the monies, something I can't allow due to my credit record only just starting to get better.

This default is now over four years old, one I didn't even know I had. Can anyone give me any advice what to put in a letter? I haven't seen sight of the Default Notice.

Thanks

Do you actually know what the debt is for, and/or do you owe anyone £167 from February 2007. These firms that are contacting you buy up toxic debts and try and collect on them. They don't allways bother to check they have the right person and think nothing of driving people to suicide in order to get their blood money.

Hi,

I did have an Orange contract in 2006, hence why I think this is Orange. I closed the account and never received the Default Notice.

Am I best just settling and paying the amount and letting the Default drop off my record in 2013? I had hoped I could have this measly amount removed as it will haunt me for another two years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well, I wrote to Close Credit Management, stating I hadn't seen sight of the Default notice etc, all I got back in reaponse is that upon full payment they will mark the Default as satisfied on behalf of their client Arrow Global.

I guess I can't do anything further, other than pay this amount of £162 in full and have the Default satisfied. Seems so unfair the Default stays for such a small amount.