Lloyds TSB : Lloyds harming my credit file

Systemerror
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Long time no post.

I have a Lloyds current account which I don't use - it has 72 pence in it. I have a loan with them that is completely 100% paid up to date and in order which will be paid off fully in 4 months - never missed a payment.

Last summer, Lloyds asked me to pay off the current account £300 overdraft ( I think because they could see I don't put money into the account - I pay my loan by transfer from natwest) while I was abroad for 2 months. When I came home, there were nasty letters from scm solicitors etc and messages on my answerphone. I paid them the overdraft on the phone by card.

Anyway, in October last year, for the first time I was turned down for a credit application. I looked at my experian credit report, which showed that I had a lloyds account that was out of order and that I owed them money. I rang lloyds, they said the system takes a while to update and apologised for the delay in correcting the information and said they would chase it up.

Nothing happened.

I have complained and complained.

Today, My credit report shows my account is in order, but that I owe them £105.

They have written saying it is a mistake....they will correct it as soon as possible....I can go to the ombudsman if I am not happy with the action they have taken.

Their incorrect information on my credit file is having an impact on my creditworthiness.

What can I do?

• 8 months later...

Update on this:

After going into the branch every week until the end of July giving them a bill for the damage caused by defaulting my credit file, they finally corrected it. The bill came to £3620.

They paid £600.

Just keep complaining and don't let things drop:-)

Hi SE,

Have you already agreed to accept the £600 in settlement of your claim against them.

Can I also ask how you came up with the figure of £3620 for the damage caused.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I went into the branch each week and asked them to fax 2 invoices to their complaints department and got a receipt for the fax. I billed them £20 per day for both me and my wife so in total our credit files were incorrectly and negatively marked for 181 days.

Each invoice ended with "Should you fail to pay this outstanding balance within 7 days, I reserve the right to initiate a claim for any amount outstanding plus interest and costs without further notice to you."

In July, when the files were corrected, their complaints department sent an apology with a cheque for £600 as a settlement.

We cashed the cheque and didn't write back.

It has crossed my mind to start a claim for the outstanding amount.

Also, the reason we invoiced for each of us was because we understood there is a limit for small claims of 5K.

Edited by Systemerror

Glad you got this resolved eventually.

I think they paid the £600 as they know you could probably have sued them for far more.

Have a look at the case of Kpohraror -v- Woolwich Building Society. A summary is here - http://swarb.co.uk/kpohraror-v-woolwich-building-society-ca-10-jan-1996/

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)