is this bullying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had reply to letter this morning saying operations manager is investigating but wants a discussion with myself on tue 12th to discuss my letter in greater detail. As i am ff sick not sure what to do any ideas please and thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

Well this is the reply I recieved this morning

You stated in your letter dated 28th March, that you wish to raise a grievance following meeting with A******* on the 11/3/2011, I have completed my investigation, and my finding are below.

I have in order of reply, split the issues raised in your letter into the following three points

1) That your felt belittled and humiliated, following my investigation I have concluded and agree that the events of that day were handled incorrectly, any discussion regarding individuals performance should be handled by the relevant Cell Leader and/or Manager.

2) You also stated that you felt that it was A******’s intension was to single you out, I have found no evidence to suggest this, your statement mentions that A****** addressed the rest of the group, and that the second half of the meeting was spent brainstorming solutions.

3) You also Mentioned in the above letter that you felt that you were being victimised for you recent disciplinary appeal, I have found no evidence to suggest this nor any evidence to suggest that A******* is aware of your current disciplinary standing.

In summary, I do find that events of that day should have been conducted more appropriately, if matters relating to an individual’s performance are to be discussed (including the Disciplinary Procedures if appropriate), however, I also find that A******’s intensions were not to belittle or humiliate any individual but to focus the team on improving their performance, and how serious the matter at hand is, without the Cell Leader or the relevant Manager possible instigating disciplinary measures.

I understand that you are currently off work, therefore I would like you to advise when you feel you may be able to attend a meeting with myself and A****** to openly discuss the matter. The main reason for this meeting is to enable you to explain to A****** how the incident made you feel and A***** to explain what her original intensions were. I Hope that this meeting will allow us to find a way forward on this matter.

Best Regards,

Any ideas where i go from here

Thanks in advance

On the 11th March I was called into the office at around 8:15am by CL remember that the meeting was held up due to a not being present.

A***** started to address the meeting, I’m unsure if she commented on CL being close to throwing in the towel before she addressed the individual on the teams.

She directed he first comment to me “Why do you come here? Because your work is ****, it doesn’t matter where we put you, your work is ****. We all know op number ** is yours, we see it everyday”

A****** then went on to address the other members present;

b: You should know better.

c: Not sure we have trained you properly

d: Your idents are atrocious.

e: some comments, I can’t remember

f g and h was also in the meeting.

A***** went on to say “You will all end up getting the sack if you don’t sort the f**king faults out. We are already recruiting for 20 people to take you jobs”.

I accept that the current quality produced by the team needs to improve.

A****** left the meeting at around 8:35, and the remaining attendees started to go through the faults to brainstorm what we could do.

The meeting ended and I went back to work, I felt upset inside however when I saw a upset this upset me further, I tried to calm myself down.

b came over to me and said “she ripped in to you a bit”.

After this I went to CL and said “I’m going home, I’m ****ed off”

My main issue is how I was spoken to; I believe A****** was particularly harsh with the comments regarding myself, and the comments were unprofessional and inappropriate for an open meeting, and shouldn’t happen

This was the statement he took from me regarding my complaint i should have posted this first .

Edited by suziebear67

hello

I have started a new thread as the other one was probably getting too long this is a statement i gave my employers and shall post the reply underneath i just wonderered if anyone had any thoughts on where i could go next.

On the 11th March I was called into the office at around 8:15am by CL remember that the meeting was held up due to a not being present.

A***** started to address the meeting, I’m unsure if she commented on CL being close to throwing in the towel before she addressed the individual on the teams.

She directed he first comment to me “Why do you come here? Because your work is ****, it doesn’t matter where we put you, your work is ****. We all know op number ** is yours, we see it everyday”

A****** then went on to address the other members present;

b: You should know better.

c: Not sure we have trained you properly

d: Your idents are atrocious.

e: some comments, I can’t remember

f g and h was also in the meeting.

A***** went on to say “You will all end up getting the sack if you don’t sort the f**king faults out. We are already recruiting for 20 people to take you jobs”.

I accept that the current quality produced by the team needs to improve.

A****** left the meeting at around 8:35, and the remaining attendees started to go through the faults to brainstorm what we could do.

The meeting ended and I went back to work, I felt upset inside however when I saw a upset this upset me further, I tried to calm myself down.

b came over to me and said “she ripped in to you a bit”.

After this I went to CL and said “I’m going home, I’m ****ed off”

My main issue is how I was spoken to; I believe A****** was particularly harsh with the comments regarding myself, and the comments were unprofessional and inappropriate for an open meeting, and shouldn’t happen

Hello

Well this is the reply I recieved this morning

You stated in your letter dated 28th March, that you wish to raise a grievancelink3.gif following meeting with A******* on the 11/3/2011, I have completed my investigation, and my finding are below.

I have in order of reply, split the issues raised in your letter into the following three points

1) That your felt belittled and humiliated, following my investigation I have concluded and agree that the events of that day were handled incorrectly, any discussion regarding individuals performance should be handled by the relevant Cell Leader and/or Manager.

2) You also stated that you felt that it was A******’s intension was to single you out, I have found no evidence to suggest this, your statement mentions that A****** addressed the rest of the group, and that the second half of the meeting was spent brainstorming solutions.

3) You also Mentioned in the above letter that you felt that you were being victimised for you recent disciplinary appeal, I have found no evidence to suggest this nor any evidence to suggest that A******* is aware of your current disciplinary standing.

In summary, I do find that events of that day should have been conducted more appropriately, if matters relating to an individual’s performance are to be discussed (including the Disciplinary Procedures if appropriate), however, I also find that A******’s intensions were not to belittle or humiliate any individual but to focus the team on improving their performance, and how serious the matter at hand is, without the Cell Leader or the relevant Manager possible instigating disciplinary measures.

I understand that you are currently off work, therefore I would like you to advise when you feel you may be able to attend a meeting with myself and A****** to openly discuss the matter. The main reason for this meeting is to enable you to explain to A****** how the incident made you feel and A***** to explain what her original intensions were. I Hope that this meeting will allow us to find a way forward on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the meeting and see what is said, by the way swearing at you and criticizing your work in front of others is victimization and singling you out.

Victimisation is a concept in employment law. It refers to situations where people are targeted with abuse, suffer detriment to their employment conditions or are dismissed as a result of bringing a claim for another form of discrimination. If an employee is "victimised" for complaining about another part of work, then a separate and independent claim for such treatment would arise. If an employee has brought a discrimination claim, acted as a witness in someone else's claim or raised issues relating to potential discrimination, any action taken against them because of this will be unlawful.[11]

Swearing at you is abuse.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

let us know how it goes

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

• 2 weeks later...

hi just got back from meeting the bully said she was sorry and didnt intend to upset me the operations manager said he would look at placing me somewhere else in company and wants me to return and said the bully will not be holding any more quality meetings.

I managed to tell bully she was out of order in what she said and my doctor advised me not to return to work so we are not really much further forward.

Actually your a long way forward, it seems that it is now just a matter of finding work for you away from the person that bullied you, once they have done that you can return to work by the sounds of it.

Keep us update, as the placement of work they offer you will have to be reasonable, i.e. no excessive traveling, no major difference in working hours etc, and a 4 week trial period where you (not them) decide if new placement is reasonable enough. If not they will have to pay you remuneration. and you will likely have a strong case for breach of contract against them.

Soons like things are looking up then Suzi

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Bit of good news for a change got a letter from dwp classing my incident at work as a work related accident.

It said I was called into a meeting with managers and one of managers verbally assaulted me resulting in anxiety.

Will this help with a pi claim for loss of earnings, I am also due back 1st of Aug on a phased return to work.

Would like to say a big thanks for all your help.

Sue x