Rossendales- Bailiff letters and it's not my debt!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thinking about it, asking for compensation from Rossendales for all the worry and misery and doing the work they should have done doesn't sound bad, but i wouldn't know where to start has anyone got or could link me to a letter/post, and compensation how much? etc... take a bit of their profits, make them sweat eh! not that it will but it's nice to dream.

thank you once again to all that have replied

Nick

Thinking about it, asking for compensation from Rossendales for all the worry and misery and doing the work they should have done doesn't sound bad, but i wouldn't know where to start has anyone got or could link me to a letter/post, and compensation how much? etc... take a bit of their profits, make them sweat eh! not that it will but it's nice to dream.

thank you once again to all that have replied

Nick

Think of an amount for the upset, stress and possible embarrassment; let's say £1,500

Then decide an hourly rate; lets say £25/hour for all the time you've spent and future time you estimate you will spend then add to your initial figure.

EDIT;

Forgot to say add an amount you think you'll get away with i.e. follow Rossendale's example.

EDIT 2:

What I meant to say was direct your compensation claim at the council, as per hallowitch's next post.

Edited by outlawla

Thinking about it, asking for compensation from rossendales

If he was/is entitled to compensation then its down to the council not rossendales much as i hate bailiffs and I'm sure they have not been very nice (cant put what i would really like to say) to your son and his dad they are only acting on instruction from the council

Hopefully they will wake up and yes that is a worry they could still come demanding lets hope they don't brassnecked

Subject Access Request ready to go if all this doesn't work and they still harrass him for the money and I'll make sure that my son takes it further hallowitch

All we want is an end to this misery for someone elses debt.

how can this happen? no paper work from court to say it was going to court or been to court. Has it all gone to the right address/ owner of the debt maybe - a long shot possibly but could you find out who trades from the premises involved.

Nick

Ignore this as hadn't read the next page - oops

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

outlawla I couldn't put a price on it and thank you for your guidence,

Neither can i say what I think hallowitch, when i've seen sheer frustration in my son's face that these people don't listen to what he has said. He works with the vulnerable and old in our society for the NHS he doesn;t have time for all of this and to run a 'shop' aswell they've got to be having some sort of laugh, all this was explained to Rossendales and they were shown his bank account to prove his income/job.

I know they are only doing their job for the Council but they had ample evidence to go back to the Council and query it,

The Council said in 08 that they'd made a mistake and that they would rectify it but clearly haven't.

thank you once again outlawla and hallowitch

Nick

Edited by nickt1976
spelling it's rubbish

Just a thought, has anyone in the council, who has admitted it was a mistake actually called rossendales and told them to cease and desist, as they have chased an innocent party? Possibly in all the excitement they haven't so rossendales in the absence of anything from the council have gone merrily on their way harassing wrong person and adding their fees willy nilly. Of course the council may have told them, but rossendales would then lose out on fees so continued anyway. The SAR may well be a good move as the content could well ground a claim for compensation for the harassment, or a complaint to the Ombudsman for maladministration. Hopefully both.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In the same mode why if this has being going on for so long and to date no money has changed hands have:

a - the Bailiffs not returned it Nulla Bono

b - the Council not started committal proceedings

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the same mode why if this has being going on for so long and to date no money has changed hands have:

a - the Bailiffs not returned it Nulla Bono

b - the Council not started committal proceedings

PT

Exactly PT, you would have thought they would have started committal proceedings by now at which the mistake may well have become apparent, with the resultant negative publicity when the press got hold of it making the council and rossendales out to be a bunch of moronic poltroons.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The SARlink3.gif may well be a good move as the content could well ground a claim for compensation for the harassment, or a complaint to the Ombudsmanlink3.gif for maladministration. Hopefully both.

your right there because it will give you all communication the council had with rosendales and vice versa it will also have all the letters/phone calls your son made to the council there reply you will be able to see if any hand written notes were take what action they took to resolve this if any after these letters/phone calls

I Would sent it tomorrow (recorded delivery) don't forget to send £10 and make them aware that the payment is for a subject access only and its not to be credited against the debt and you want all internal and external information regarding t account no xxxxx

I'll SAR them tomorrow and see what comes from it and keep you all informed.

Do you know what I honestly believe to be the case, I think Rossendales have been told by the Council in 08 to cease collection, but because they had already spent time and money they've left it until now to start harrassing to see what they can get.

I maybe wrong but it just feels odd, His father phoned them this week to ask them which court it had gone to and they didn't reply.

Thank you once again brassnecked, ploddertom and hallowitch for your advise

Nick

I'll SAR them tomorrow and see what comes from it and keep you all informed.

Do you know what I honestly believe to be the case, I think Rossendales have been told by the Council in 08 to cease collection, but because they had already spent time and money they've left it until now to start harrassing to see what they can get.

I maybe wrong but it just feels odd, His father phoned them this week to ask them which court it had gone to and they didn't reply.

Thank you once again brassnecked, ploddertom and hallowitch for your advise

Nick

If the SAR shows that rossendales have been a loose cannon, by hoping to salvage some fees after being called off, the council are not in the clear either as they are vicariously liable both jointly and severally with their appointed agents rossendales, so any action both criminal for harassment, and civil for damages, would be against both. The council would be culpable as they have failed to ensure that rossendales have ceased action against the innocent party. It will be interesting what the MP makes of this, as it could be extremely woeful for the council and their not so tame bailiff. This one would definitely be worth referral to the Ombudsman imho

brassnecked we will take it further with the ombudsman when we have the reply to the SAR and we know what information they have.

Our MP is really good and she will get to the bottom of this, I have every faith in her.

Thank you so much for your help I really do appreciate it.

Nick