Refund paid by store own credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased two different items of furniture from a well know store and I paid with their own credit card

I reported the faults to the store but they policy is to send out their care and repair person. When the person called he was consending to say the least. He could not see anything wrong despite marks on the furniture and not matching also their is cracks where the grain has rised and cracked. He would not even look at them. He spent most of this time reading the store magazine while making a report saying nothing was wrong with my units. Apparently the store pays this guy to look at people furnitue that they sell and he is the only person doing this work in my postal area so there is no one to contradict his findings.

Can make a claim against the store through using their own credit card that I used to purchase the furniture. :mad2: Will not purchase anything expensive in that place again.

Hi DJ

Thats unacceptable, if you buy new goods you expect them to be new and not have any defects. Theres a useful guide from the OFT, which gives you examples

and what you should do. If anything you should tell the store to replace them, if your happy to accept the defective ones they should be refunding some of the monies paid.

Have a look at SOGA (9) in my signature.

the only way to deal with this kind of thing is to get tough. You should take photographs of everything. Write out a detailed, bullet pointed, statement of everything that has happened from the moment of purchase, to the discovery of the defects, to the visit of the inspector, to the contact and responses that you have had with the seller.

Keep this statement succinct. Keep every bullet pointed item time dated where possible. Make sure that you write down details of any conversations you have had with anybody – as verbatim as you can manage.

Then contact the customer service Department of the seller. Do that in writing. Send it recorded delivery. Send them a precise statement of your complaint and what has happened. Include photos.

Warn them that if they won't sorted out within 14 days then you will go to court and sue them in the small claims court.

It's a nuisance, but it's the only way if you want the matter sorted out. Lots of these sellers won't listen to you – especially where some inspector is not really paid attention. The only thing then that makes them sit up and take notice are court papers. A County Court action is the great leveller. It puts you on equal footing with the company, regardless of size. Whether they are a corner shop, a local plumber, a major retailer, or a major high Street bank, when they get the court papers then they have to talk to you and not at you. They have to observe court timetables and not their own timetables. And when judgements are issued against them then they have to obey or you get the bailiffs round.

Don't threaten legal action if you're not prepared to take it. Legal action is very easy and cheap and on the basis that you win, you will get the cost of your claim fee back. You are likely to find that if you send the court papers then they will sit up and take notice anyway and will settle out of court. If you do is your claim, then make sure that you ask exactly what you're looking for – which could been replacement furniture, or your money back plus interest.

If you're not prepared to take the court action then don't try to bluff. Just don't bother to write the threat. Frankly, if you are prepared to take court action, just give up.