• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help for 16 year old son get benefits..hes a parent

pebbles71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello...can anyone help me. my son is 16 and had a baby with his girlfriend last july ( no! i wasnt inpressed at the time but my grandson is adorable!:wink:) Quick recap of things....

He was living with me in kent...we arranged to move but agreed he should stay in kent with his nan to finish school exams. I passed over the tax credits and child benefit to his nan (my ex mother-in-law) and all was well. Then along came the baby. Him and his girlfriend are still together and fantastic parents. she has privately rented a flat and this is where the problem comes in. after the exams he left school to try to get full time work to provide for his family so his nan stopped getting his child tax credits and child benefit and now says she cant afford to have him stay with her even if i send her money!! Nice eh? i have asked him to move in with me in essex but he wants to be with his girlfriend and 7mth old son..rightly so!! So at the moment he stays with her some of the week and my other son, his older brother and partner the rest of the week

Ok now ..his girlfriend and him want to be a proper family and have him move in permently. They have been to the beneifits agenciy filled in untold forms to have him put on her claim and him to claim with her on his....hope this is making sense!!

She is still getting her claim but he cannot be added to hers and has been denied his claim for JSA:mad2: which means they can not live as a family!!!

Now you may be thinking just get a job then...he has tried everywhere and applied for loads. However due to being only 16 there are lots of issues with him getting work due to health and saftey issues and insurances etc....he wants to get on an apprentership to be a machanic but after having 4 interviews and being knocked back due to not having a driving licence he is becoming very annoyed as he is not someone that wants to be on beneifits and wants to work for his family. Mcdonalds and places where 16 year olds work would not bring in enough money to pay the rent etc even with tax credits etc and he wants a career.

So please help....he is being denied being a full time father and living with his partner as a family. He is still looking/applying for work but is feed up of being away from his son/girlfriend most of the week and not having a fixed abode. I have said I will move back to kent and try to rent a place for us all but that means me giving up my job and having the same problem of finding another.

What can he do...what are his rights...and can the benefits be declined while he is looking for work?

I hope none of you judge by saying he should of kept it in his pants (lol) because I have said it a million times....however he is trying to do the right thing unlike so many others who do not accept responsibility...he just needs some help at the starting post!!! I have come to a dead end....hope someone here can advise our next steps......i do hope this all makes sense xxxx

My brother became a dad at 15, yes, 15! And he didn't deal with it so well. So hats off to your son.

The first thing that is worrying me is the fact he has no fixed abode, I hope the council dont start accusing his GF of having him there if she is on income support & claiming as a single person?! It's just the way these threads on here seem to be going lately. Make sure she doesn't have any of his mail going there! And he's not there too often. Seriously they are really clamping down on that now.

Are you saying because he is only 16 he cant live there & they then claim as a couple with a baby?

• Haha 1

your son unfortunately cant claim JSA at the moment even if he is looking for a job.

"If you're 16 or 17, you will only be able to receive Jobseeker’s Allowance in exceptional circumstances. For example, estrangement from your family leading to severe hardship. If you think that you might have exceptional circumstances, contact your nearest Jobcentre Plus office."

His girlfriend sounds as if she is claiming I.S as a single parent and she will have no grounds at all if he moves in with her and the claim will close leaving them with no money at all

There is no benefit at the moment he can claim for himself. Not good news

JSA for 16 and 17 year olds

If you're unemployed and 16 or 17 years old you may be able to get income-based JSA for a short amount of time. For example, this could be if you:

are forced to live away from your parents

will find it very hard to live without Jobseeker’s Allowance

are part of a couple responsible for a child

Source - http://www.bpp.com/develop-your-career/career-tools/general-career-resources/job-seekers-allowance.aspx

Blimey !! That was quick.....!!!!

My son was 16 2 days after the baby was born!!

Yes i have been on that site...i hate the fact that he is in this position with no afixed abode..i feel a terrible parent that it has come to this have asked them both to move here with me but she wants to stay near her family which I can understand and he also wants to stay near to his friends and brother too.

He has applied for the JSA saying the truth about everything and they denied it not giving a reason this week.

They are so desperate to be together full time but we are just coming up against brick walls as to how.

She is legally allowed to have him stay there 3 nights a week. No he has no post sent there it all goes C/O to his brothers address.

i do feel so sorry for them. Bascially if he moves in she will lose her single parent benefit which is understandable but they cant seem to claim anything else as a couple and the job centre are so unhelpful and look down their noses at them....which is why i am on here to see if there is a way round it all. He has NO money at all apart from what I can send him and obviously what I send his brother to help with his keep.

Thanks for your answer...anything else you can think of will be much appreciated x x x

you learn some thing everyday :) JSA is not my benefit maybe soon with the dimise of I.S, perhaps he has been claiming JSA on his own then, if they claimed as a couple of course she would have to close her I.S it may be successful. But why has this not been picked up by the Jobcentre

thank you to the rest of you too for your quick replies...

the quotes and links you have sent we have spoken to the benefit people about but because my son and I are still close they just say live with me...which in fairness i can understand and would totally agree with if he was not a parent. There must be something out there that allows a young family to became a family unit..surely!!

Why is the 3 night rule a myth???

Is he doing wrong by staying there then for these nights?

Yes They have tried claiming as a couple and been denied x x

And the awful thing is, this may just have the LA's now keeping an eye on her. Just the way it is going these days.

The 3 night thing is an old wives tale, or maybe it did used to apply. But doesn't anymore. otherwise when someones boyfriend works away on the lorries, the partner at home could be claiming as single, yet he's sending money home? They certainly dont just count the toothbrushes anymore.

It's more to do with shared finances, mail in his name going to the address, a few things, which sounds like wont apply to your son & his GF anyway, but the DWP & LA's are being a pain in the arris at the moment with this, it's becoming a nightmare for people!

I really hope they can sort this soon though, because they should have the right to be a proper family!

In an ideal world they would have been older when having a baby, but life has a habit of getting in the way doesn't it. It's unfair they get penalised for it. And JCP should NOT be judging them like that :x

Young person is a member of a couple and responsible

for a child

30726 A young person is entitled to JSA(IB) if the young person is

a member of a couple and

treated as responsible for a child who is a member of the household1.

See DMG 22031 et seq for guidance on "responsible".

1 reg 61(1)(b)

30727 A young person who satisfies this condition is entitled to JSA(IB) for the period

starting on the date of claim and ending on the earlier of

1. the day before the young person's 18th birthday or

2 the day before this condition is no longer satisfied.

You need to appeal his JSA decison then as this is out of the DMG the guide they use.

The problem your son might have now is as follows, if he has made a joint claim to JSA for his himself girlfriend and baby, he has said they are living as a couple and he would have had to use her address, they cant be a couple and be NFA. This claim has been turned down you say but JSA would contact IS and tell them they are lving at the same address so this may impact her claim

She tried to have him put onto her benefit which was diclined. He then tried claming for JSA with her on his claim. They filled in the form at the job center with the 'HELP' of someone there who suggested that the claim be in his name at a different address but a covering letter put in about his intentions of moving in with his G/F and her being put on the claim to allow this to happen. it is all so confusing.

The problem is if they do a joint claim out right as if he has moved in she has to stop her beneifit first and live on nothing for anywhere upto 13 weeks while the decission is made on the new joint claim...and then there is a chance that the claim be denied and then her not being able to claim hers again because, like you have said, he is then said to be living there.

Can you please..in black and white for me lol....advice what to do next....appeal his JSA desicison YES?

Thank you for the info what does NFA mean (sorry am I being thick lol) x

She tried to have him put onto her benefit which was diclined.

she would not be able to claim for him she is a lone parent for I.S purposes no grounds to put him on the claim

He then tried claming for JSA with her on his claim. They filled in the form at the job center with the 'HELP' of someone there who suggested that the claim be in his name at a different address but a covering letter put in about his intentions of moving in with his G/F and her being put on the claim to allow this to happen. it is all so confusing.

Sounds like he was trying to put in an Advance JSA claim.... This means he was stating in the FUTURE he and his girl friend where moving in together.. Advance claims to JSA are not allowed, So they have niled his claim... THey classed him as single, if I can explain, Say he made the claim the !st of March thas his is IDOC he states he is making a claim for him self and his girlfriend who is moving in

soon... On the date he made his claim he has stated she is not there so they class him as single, no grounds and nil the claim

The problem is if they do a joint claim out right as if he has moved in she has to stop her beneifit first and live on nothing for anywhere upto 13 weeks while the decission is made on the new joint claim...and then there is a chance that the claim be denied and then her not being able to claim hers again because, like you have said, he is then said to be living there.

This is a real problem, it may take a long time for the decision to be made and if he made a proper joint claim this would happen and her I.S would stop.

Can you please..in black and white for me lol....advice what to do next....appeal his JSA desicison YES?

Thank you for the info what does NFA mean (sorry am I being thick lol) x

In black and white I would say

A proper joint JSA has not been made, you could do that, he would have to make a new claim and state

that he was living there with her from the date he was making the claim, but it could take a few weeks to process, and this would effect her tax credits because they would have to make a joint claim for that....

Things could stay the same and she could claim single

Could he get a training scheeme to get some money

Its a shame, he sounds like a decent young man who is trying to do the right thing, I hope you can get something sorted...

Again you could make a new JSA joint claim but remember not with the opening we are moving in soon if would have to be together from IDOC, day he make that phone call.. Perhaps if you decide to go down this route CAB may be able to push it for you