Rocky Roadster

old tesco/RBS loan - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1487 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Best wishes to all caggers,

I have a loan with Tesco that we have been paying by arrangement. I suddenly received several nasty-o-grams from Moorcrap, so I wrote and asked for my CCA. They have replied with an aknowledgement and saying they have passed my request to the client. They go on to say:

"We believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to court action or further investigation.

To this end can you provide an indication of the information will be relying on, when you will be giving evidence to the court or information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of this account.

Please could you provide this information by return as this will ensure that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible thereby minimizing potential costs and delays."

Are they serious? or are they rubbing home the fact that "you will be giving evidence in court" as a frightener?

Do they want a checklist i.e prescribed terms, interest rates, right to cancel, etc., so that they can get it right?

I am thinking of replying and quoting a few random legal case studies to give them something to think about.

If they start harassing me with no good reason and threatening court/home visits, when we haven't got any money, I might as well fight them.

Should I reply or ignore?

Cheers,

:lol:

LOL this is their latest ploy, as you say to put the idea of court in your head.

It's nonsensical, the information you would be relying on should you go to court is dependant on their response to the CCA request.

Ignore:lol:

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

It is your legal right to request a CCA at any time. They are trying to intimidate you so a complaint to TS, OFT & the FSA wouldn't be amiss.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi all,

Moorcroft wrote again saying that they are unhappy that MIDS contacted us whilst we are waiting for our CCA request to be fulfilled. No apology though.

I have now sent the official dispute letter to Moorcroft as no CCA has appeared after 14+2 working days.

Will let you know what happens if I get the CCA.

Cheers,

This is not new - Moorcroft have been using it for years. There's no need to reply; it's a template letter designed to make people think that making a perfectly legal and reasonable request will trigger some sort of court action. Like everything else DCAs push out, it's all pish and wind.

If 'MIDS' referred to above is Midas Legal Services, they are just a trading name of Moorcroft.

Are you sitting comfortably with several large 'classics' to read - you could be in for a long wait!!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi Caggers, onward and upward!

No response to my CCA request, so I wrote to Moorcrap in March putting the account in dispute as I have not had a CCA in the 14+2 days.

I have had a letter from Moorcrap in April saying that their client's procedures won't let them provide a CCA without a signed request, and as my letter was unsigned, they are unable to complete my request at this time, providing me with a stamped addressed envelope for my reply, and suspending the account for 28 days.

I would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Is my dispute still valid?

2) Should I send a signature or leave my initial request as it is?

3) Should I wait for the 28 days, or reply now?

4) Does this now mean that they have another 28 days to "find" a CCA and try and wriggle out of the 14+2 requirement?

Words can't express my thanks to you guys on this site! Well done!

Hi say to them no requirement for a signature on CCA request and if they are not sure that you are the person they are pursuing for this debt then they can take a hike.

No requirement for you to wait further than the 12+2 working days that is the requirement for a CCA request they have defaulted and can go forth etc.

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Hi Caggers, onward and upward!

No response to my CCA request, so I wrote to Moorcrap in March putting the account in dispute as I have not had a CCA in the 14+2 days.

I have had a letter from Moorcrap in April saying that their client's procedures won't let them provide a CCA without a signed request, and as my letter was unsigned, they are unable to complete my request at this time, providing me with a stamped addressed envelope for my reply, and suspending the account for 28 days.

I would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Is my dispute still valid?

2) Should I send a signature or leave my initial request as it is?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?433-Debt-Letter-When-company-refuse-CCA-due-to-no-signature

3) Should I wait for the 28 days, or reply now?

4) Does this now mean that they have another 28 days to "find" a CCA and try and wriggle out of the 14+2 requirement?

Words can't express my thanks to you guys on this site! Well done!

Hi RR

I've stuck a link in for the relevant letter as there's no legal requirement for a signature

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

they do try it on dont they, I would personally not even have wasted a stamp on a reply

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi PGH,

I used their already stamped envelope (bright yellow) addressed by them to their Compliance Dept (work experience kids?).

I think that the no signature letter is a good one and will give them something to think about.

They are definitely floundering.

They started the fight!

I'm Jealous I never got a bright yellow envelope, and defo not stamped:-)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Moorcroft..the Zanussi of the DCA world...."The Science of Compliance"

:lol:

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Hi Rocky,

Have you heard any further from Moorcrap?

I'm in the same position, received one of those letters following my CCA request, asking for me to tell them what I need to rely on in court. It's exactly the same letter, word for word, so obviously just some standard drivle they produce.

I'm not sure if it's crossed your mind Rocky but the bit that got me thinking is "we duly confirm we have requested the relevant documentation from our client"....hold on, I thought if Moorcrap now own the debt, that Moorcrap would be in possession of all the documents themselves and so wouldn't need to contact the original creditor???? After all, that's why I sent Moorcrap the CCA request, otherwise I would have sent it to the OC. Can anyone advise on this please?

Hi Big Shoooz,

Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't heard any more from Moorcrap since I sent my last letter.

I think that they are agents for the OC. Others have said that they don't buy debts, so I might hear from them with a CCA eventually.

Of course things change and I am sure that they will be out to make money however they can.

Will keep you posted.

Wonder why the bright yellow envelope?

I had a few yellow envelopes from moorcroft myself recently. I refer to them as 'lemon' yellow. :lol:

Hi all,

Just received a letter from Tesco with an illegible copy of a faxed agreement. I mean illegible, most words are blurred and some are just missing. Not worth posting it.

It is a two page agreement with a two page schedule of arrears (which are freshly typed and legible).

Moorcrap wrote at the same time asking me to confirm receipt of the client's correspondence and asking me to contact them and agree payment.

Would it be reasonable to write to Moorcrap and continue the dispute until I get a legible copy?

Cheers,

Yep.....too damn right.

They have not complied so account still in dispute.

ims

PS Not worth posting it to give all a chuckle?

Edited by ims21
p.s.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Yep.....too damn right.

They have not complied so account still in dispute.

ims

PS Not worth posting it to give all a chuckle?

Yeah! post it! Please!

Ok folks, here it is! I have blanked the sensitive bits (which I could make out) in case any clever body can manipulate them digitally so that they are legible.

It seems to be a copy of a fax of a fax.

Tesco CCA anon 05-11.pdf

(Prize for spotting Mr. Moorcrap)

Cheers,

To use the vernacular (no, not an uphill railway) : F88k me that is awful!!! Prince Charles (sorry, Sir) is in the corner but couldn't find Mr Moorcrap....