U I A Insurance - Whos right??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My little one dropped something heavy in the bath, the bath is broke and the insurance company have agreed to replace it, but they will only tile the 1st 2 rows and cannot guarentee to match the tiles.

The issue is, the bathroom is tiled floor to ceiling - if they cannot match the tiles, the rest of the bathroom is going to need retiling and they will not cover that, the bathroom was only refurbed in the last 2 years.

Do I have any leg to stand on??

• NatWest - Settled in full 8 weeks after LBA (without interest)
  • Capital One - LBA 27th July - Offered & paid £28 - Rejected - settled
  • Monument - LBA 18th July - Offer 19th July - Refused - settled

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

***WFS Written Off £8k 01/08/07***

Monument sent my info even tho i forgot to send payment!!! Thanx Monumnet

Why do the tiles need replacing, when only the bath was damaged ?

If the Insurers have agreed to replace any tiles, this may be down to the tiles being broken when the bath is removed ?

There is no obligation for Insurers to pay towards any other tiles.

The FOS rulings about Insurers offering 50% towards undamaged parts of a suite, would only relate to wash basin, toilet and not decor including tiling.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bathroom has been tiled over tile - therefore when the bath is removed they will have to break quite a few tiles of the wall and have advised they probably won't be able to match up to the rest of the room.

I have since spoken with UIA who have now agreed to pay 50% towards the cost of replacing the rest of the tiles in the bathroom. I guess this is the best i'm going to get??

I am obiously wrong for assuming that the 'room' would be returned to the same standard and state it was in before the bath was damaged.

• NatWest - Settled in full 8 weeks after LBA (without interest)
  • Capital One - LBA 27th July - Offered & paid £28 - Rejected - settled
  • Monument - LBA 18th July - Offer 19th July - Refused - settled

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

***WFS Written Off £8k 01/08/07***

Monument sent my info even tho i forgot to send payment!!! Thanx Monumnet

I would say that your Insurers are being very generous. There are many Insurers who would have kicked up a fuss, for even being asked to make a contribution for tiles that have not been damaged.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread