Howard Cohen - Notice of legal action - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.*

I've been attempting to negotiate with Lewis Recover for some time for my wifes Santander Mothercare acc with an outstanding balance of £890 (although about £190 of this is interest and charges). Today we've received a notice of intended legal action from another arm of the same company Howard Cohen. I've read they are quite happy to take people to court so I'd like to know how we stand.*

My wife gave up work to look after our daughter and is also pregnant with our second. I've offered token payments of £1 as I am currently looking for a career change and once that comes so will a higher wage!

Lewis have refused the £1/month however I have setup a standing order so it does show we are willing to pay.*

What can I do or is it more than likely off to the courts now :-( if so how can I defend something she has used and we simply can't afford at the minute?

Also I'm the one dealing with this for her, would she have to actually go to court or is it done through the post?

Manu thanks.*

Hi

Sorry your post was missed

Have you CCAd Lewis?

Lets make sure they have the right to be chasing this debt first. I would continue making token payments for now. If they did go to court and the judge could see that you were at least attempting some form of payment, he may not be too impressed.

If you did get a CCJ, the judge would take your circumstances into account when making an order to pay

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, no I haven't sent them a CCA request. I accept the debt is my wifes just we are trying to pay and they are only interested in huge payments.

Is it still worth sending them one of these letters?

My wife doesn't want to go to court, where as I'll happily argue to toss with them.

Here is a link to some letters you could use to negotiate with them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

Carry on paying what you can afford-not what they want. They cannot force you to pay a penny. If they start getting too much for you, you must complain.

Deal with them in writing only. Do not speak on the phone to them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE