Stevie1973

Barclaycard Debt Passed To HFO

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2913 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I note the Barclaycard rep is looking in – perhaps a comment about HFO’s appalling practices?

About time they did something, imagine a respected financial institution being involved with this shower.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Maybe HFO have instructed Barclaycard to look in.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Bingo.jpg

This Bingo?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Barclaycard Company Representative

Official Customer Services Representative

We are here to assist with queries relating to Barclaycard. We will never ask for, or discuss, personal account information via this forum or by email but we may ask you to provide contact information (e.g. name, telephone number or address) by email so that we can contact you directly to discuss your question further. We will aim to respond to all questions within 2 working days.

If you would like to get in contact with us directly, you can email us at customer.relations@barcla ycard.co.uk.

or if you do not receive an adequate answer try Paul Hart at the directors office.

Reputation management is a big issue for BC – but, to be a bit fair, when they signed the contracts, they probably didn’t quite know what they were being let in for.

The really bad bit that needs addressing is HFO’s habit of getting Barclaycard to create documents which are used as evidence – it appears the Barclaycard staff do not even check the facts, but simply write what is requested by HFO.

Another issue is contracts that were clearly assigned to Roxburghe being claimed by HFO.

Hope this helps, Mr Barclaycard (plain old ‘Barclavcard’ seems too informal).

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25695[/ATTACH]

This Bingo?

That’s the one. Alan Carr.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Where have the 7 guests come from?

At your Service

where have the 7 guests come from?

sw19.....

Mr Barclaycard can you explain your reasons for joining CAG and how you can help, or do we need to supply a signature first?

• Haha 1

Apologies Mr Barclaycard – the other grave issue is that HFO have sat on some of these accounts for four years, without notice of assignment being given, and then try and back-date interest.

That’s why, sadly, people associate HFO so closely with you. HFO and TR’s business practices do not, in my opinion, bear scrutiny, as I’m sure the OFT is discovering.

Mr Barclaycard can you explain your reasons for joining CAG and how you can help, or do we need to supply a signature first?

Don’t be so unwelcoming BA!

I’m hoping this is a genuinely useful development that may lead to some action being taken.

We have reps on here from other companies such as Vodafone and they do a bloody good job, so I’m hoping this is good news.

Hopefully Caggers will alert the rep to relevant threads by PM.

• Haha 1

Hi stevie

"As HFO will devote all of its commercial and legal resources to the collection of this debt,..."

Blo*dy hell, that's great news; it'll take the heat off the rest of us.

x

Hi stevie

"As HFO will devote all of its commercial and legal resources to the collection of this debt,..."

Blo*dy hell, that's great news; it'll take the heat off the rest of us.

x

LMAO. Good one Vic

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

just to add a couple of points here:

You have been advised in this thread to record your calls. This is essential. You should not be involved in any telephone conversations with anybody unless you record your calls.

As far as the default dropping off your credit file, beware because it is the standard practice of many DCA's to begin by putting another default on to your file even if it relates to a matter which has already been defaulted. We have lots of instances on this forum of people will have multiple defaults in respect of the same debt. Very unfair – but extremely difficult to deal with. I think that there are a couple of forum discussions on the moment which are suggesting that actually it is fairly straightforward to have the second default removed. I wish that was correct. I hope it is correct and that I am wrong. I'm afraid that it could be difficult. Anyway, keep an eye on your credit file for a further default.

As I said before, I had a listing from Natwest and Lowell's for the same debt. I contacted Natwest and it was removed with very little fuss.

The original creditor transfers the responsibility of maintaining the information with the CRA's once the debt is sold. If you have a multiple listing for a debt contact the OC in writing NOT the DCA. Make sure that what the DCA has listed is exactly the same as the OC, if it is not then they are in breach of the data protection act. It really is that simple.

Hi BF

I did advice steve not to speak to HFO unless the calls are recorded

At your Service

1 GENERAL

5.4 If a Commercial Company, or Business, wishes to post on the forum in a representative capacity, we ask that they first seek permission from site administration (admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk). Failure to do so may result in posts being removed without notice whilst investigations are made to ascertain whether the user is acting with the full authorisation of the company or business concerned. Usernames highlighted in green have gone through this process.

Welcome Barclaycard, hope you can be useful in eradicating some of the practices which companies like HFO carry out in your name – well, you did sell the accounts to them. Can you let us know what you role on here will be?

Thanks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?324873-Barclaycard

I certainly hope that Barclaycard's presence in their capacity as a company rep will have a positive effect, as have some of the other reps who post.

I also hope the thread can now stick to helping the OP.:-)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Update for you all:

I sent the statute barred letter, which was registered delivery and they ignored it and sent me a letter saying that I had not responded to them.

I then left a voice mail on the phone of the company rep, saying that I had replied in a letter and had proof of delivery. I then emailed a copy of the statute barred letter.

There has been a reply to the e mail, stating that as they have sent me letters to my old address since 2007 that the debt isn't statute barred, as they have sent letters, and that was followed by a "72 hour notice of litigation" that arrived today in the post.

Any further advice?

Absolute load of rubbish......send that email along with a copy of the letter you sent to them with a copy of the recorded delivery slip to the Office Of Fair Trading and Merton Trading Standards. They are attempting to misinform you. I hope Barclaycard see this as they have a responsibility for the way their 'suppliers' operate. It makes no difference whatsoever where they had been sending correspondence. The debt is statute barred.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

If they continue to call you write down all the dates and times they call. And keep all correspondence along with the envelopes they came in.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Quote the letter back at them and tell them that issuing correspondence to you has nothing to do with Section 5 of the limitation act and you are reporting their response to OFT and Trading Standards. They love to try it on.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to CPUTR2008

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

At your Service

Well, they said early on in their first letter that the account had been sold by Barclaycard to HFO Capital Ltd, ie. Ireland. Not possible. I bet they have never sent you letters. It’s irrelevant anyway. They had the resources to find you now, so they should have used them earlier. Have you actually moved over this period?

You could send an SAR to HFO to demand copies of all correspondence they claim to have sent you. I guarantee they will either fail or make a mess of it. Hell, I’d pay the tenner for you!

You MUST send their correspondence to the OFT and TS, as 42man says.

They are misleading you on the true legal situation, and that is not on. HFO Services is run by Mr Alasdair Turnbull, a solicitor. He MUST know the true legal situation, and his company, Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors, actually runs HFO Services – it’s a matter of fact, shown by the OFT website. So please complain to the SRA as well.

Solicitors Regulation Authority:

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page

...and I would aver they are now guilty of CRIMINAL harassment, as defined by the OFT guidelines.

E mailed back, with the spiel from you Coledog.

See what happens now!!!