Lowells Text Message

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Haven't been here for awhile now , I am still having issues regarding Lowells and a shop direct debt,they have been chasing me for. I recieved a BT text message service text from them today with the usual threat of " you must contact us now".

Now I am getting pretty sick of the run around with these people, it's been nearly 2yrs now, so I am considering to see if I am elligable for a DRO as I am on Benefits and can not afford to pay this debt, but, I am un-sure wether I am elligable or not as I do not know if this type of debt is elligable, the outstanding amount is £669.00 , I have no assets at all, no car and live in council property with no savings.

Please could you advise on what action I can take and wether or not I will be elligable for the DRO.

Here is the link to my old Thread concerning this .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?264266-Is-This-An-Eforceable-Cca

Also i recieved word from FOS ,when i complained , saying that they could not take the matter any further as Lowells were not the origanal creditors, so as you can imagine that was seen as the green light for Lowells to start their persuit once again.

Thanks Again to those who have offerd advice thus so far.

tiamaria2000

Just had two more text messages from lowlifes again today, strange thing is though they where for two different people (not me!!!),is this not a breach of the data protection act??? as they left names and account ref numbers??. Anyway Partner phoned them back and gave the person(?) at their end a blunt but stern rollocking about them using his phone number and that he was in possesion of personal data and would use this against them if they did not remove all trace of his number off their system,to which they have glady done so (we will wait and see on this one!!!).If they are in the wrong , which I hope that they are, is there a process I can go through as in reporting them to some sort of regularity authority, as I would realy like to give them a right kick in the *****.:mad2:.

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I am going to SAR shop direct and reclaim any unfair charges that have been levied on the accounts that me and my Partner have had with them, I will be in need of some guidance in how I should go about this, I have read that I should tote up the charges on the accounts and add interest ??, has any one been successful in doing this?? will they put up much of a fight to not pay up, the accounts were with choice,great uneversal and my Partners was with littlewoods.

Any advice on how to procede with this will be well recieved.

Thanks.

tiamaria.