general form of judgment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again following my small claim case I have received my General Form of Judgment, I would just like a quick bit of info if anyone can help. Basically all it says is

1. The case is proved

2. Damages are assessed at £2300

3.Judgment against Defendant for £2300

My Problem is during the case the judge said I must give the car in question back when the defendant pays me the money, now there is no mention of this on the GFJ so what has she actually awarded me. Also there is no date on when this should be completed by and it has already been 12 days since the case and the defendant hasn't even contacted me. I called him to say the car has been valeted and is ready on day 7 but nothing in return, how long should I wait before taking the next step of action if there is any to take?.

thanks once again for taking the time to help.

Andy

Hi again following my small claim case I have received my General Form of Judgment, I would just like a quick bit of info if anyone can help. Basically all it says is

1. The case is proved

2. Damages are assessed at £2300

3.Judgment against Defendant for £2300

My Problem is during the case the judge said I must give the car in question back when the defendant pays me the money, now there is no mention of this on the GFJ so what has she actually awarded me. Also there is no date on when this should be completed by and it has already been 12 days since the case and the defendant hasn't even contacted me. I called him to say the car has been valeted and is ready on day 7 but nothing in return, how long should I wait before taking the next step of action if there is any to take?.

thanks once again for taking the time to help.

Andy

You have been awarded £2,300.00.

Hello Andy

Write a short letter to the Defendant requesting that unless he pays the Judgment debt in full within 7 days, you will make an application to court seeking enforcement of said Judgment.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Thanks for the reply THE MOULD but are you saying I keep the car and get the money, I don't particularly want it but also don't want him to be able to take me to court over it for some stupid mistake.