Deposit - Cheque Cleared Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone give us some advice...

We recently decided to get a puppy, found a breader who had 4 pups 2 girls / 2 boys, we wanted to buy one of the boys - we was told that it wouldn't be a problem

Breader said they would keep one of the pups, probably a girl, so we could have a pick of the rest.

many visits, photos etc later - our daughter aged 6 really excited we were supposed to be picking up the pup at 10 weeks old on 26th March.

We then hear that the pups won't be coming to us until middle of April as the breeder couldn't decide which to one to keep.

Spoke to them and explained the situation that we had been told that we could pick the pup up at end of march, and that the breeder should make the decision within that time which to keep.

they then decide they are keeping both boys, so we wouldn't be getting one, as they knew thats what we wanted.

one very sad little girl.

We gave them a deposit of £250 which was cashed on 10th Feb

they let us down after telling us we could have a boy, and then withdrawing them.

still waiting for them to return the cheque to us (I have an email stating that they would)

what is our course of action, been waiting now for 2 weeks for them to return our money

Can a cheque be stopped after its cleared

Is my only recourse if its not returned to goto police and then money claim ?

any help gratefully received!

Suggest that you sue for the value of the cheque - asap as they may be in trouble. I would also sue for breach of contract and claim the difference in value between a pup that you would eventually pay for and the contract price of the one you were meant to get - assuming you have to pay more.

Either they are in trouble or else they have been offered a better price elsewhere

what about all other out of pocket expenses - we had to do a 2 x 100 mile round trips as well - we have found another puppy - which is less than the original

If you are going to sue, then I imagine you could claim for those expenses as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D