buchananclark + wells

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I reveived a letter from them this morning they purchased the debt from lowell.

I saw this off when B Carter had it.No cca.

It states

Creditor: Statue Barred Debt-Capitol One.

They are concerned this that this matter remains outstanding.

I'm concerned that they they trying to collect a debt they state in letter is statute barred:-)(i am aware the debt still technically exists)

I want to have a bit of fun with the idiots,idea's guy's :-)

you had better start checking your credit file – because CCA or no, statute barred or no, a likely move is that they will put a default on your credit file. Very unfair and somebody needs to stand up to them and challenge them about this kind of practice.

If the a/c is SB send them this; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred and if they continue to pursue make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT because they will be in breach of OFT guidelines.

If they have marked your credit file make a complaint to the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx because they will be in breach of the Data Protection Act by incorrectly processing data.

you had better start checking your credit file – because CCA or no, statute barred or no, a likely move is that they will put a default on your credit file. Very unfair and somebody needs to stand up to them and challenge them about this kind of practice.

I'll do a check to see if they marked it,if they have they will be challenged believe me.

I'll throw everthing at them i can find in law and go for compo.

This is a case where £1000 was awarded when an incorrect default was entered on someone's credit file; Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119.

I know of this case,if i have to it's the case i would quote.