will i be entitled to the back to work grant and or 4 week run on?

lottiesnan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was on Jsa from may 2010 till november 2010..29 weeks

I then signed off to go overseas and see my son and signed on again in the jan of 2011 on my return.. I was still in receipt of Houseing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit while i was away..

Will i still get the back to work grant and 4 week extended housing benefit etc as i signed off for 6 weeks to go to Australia...

Not so bothered about the grant but i would be in dire straits were i not able to get a little help from the council with my rent.. I know i will get working tax credit because of the 50+ deal and i have just come off benefits and the gap between the first signing and the second was less than 12 weeks so am still eligable....

Would that 12 week rule apply to the run ons and back to work grant??

Thankyou for advise in advance

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018789

You need to have been in receipt of JSA for a minimum of 26 weeks continuosly to qualify for the Job Grant and it's the same for the housing benefit run on.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018901

Thankyou for your reply ..I went to ask at the jobcentre today and after being sent to several different people it transpires that i am not entilted to the job grant or the housing benefit run on because i signed off to go abroad for 6 weeks.. But apparently i am entitled to working tax credits because the time off benefits were less than 12 weeks..So eligable under the 50+ criteria but only for 12 months...

Its all so complicated :(

• 1 month later...

I work as a table clearer/waitress at a VERY busy restaurant.My work is VERY heavy and i am pounding the concrete floor for 5 to 8 hours a day 5 days a week....I suffer with Plantar fasciitis/and bunions on both feet and i have just been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis with numbness in my arms and vertigo (caused by the spondylosis) and osteoarthritis in my kness, ankles, big toe..Just about everywhere i have a joint..This isnt a sudden thing i have had problems for many years and i am now in my 50s and the pain and inability to do all the things i used to do has increased yearly... I manage to do my work at a cost.... I am on constant medication for pain and after a extra long shift i am in tears....... I worry i have another 11 years of work before i can retire and i dont think my body can cope with that as my job is such heavy work and im on my feet all day... I do have good days where the pain is less severe and for that i am grateful and i dont want to come across as a winger...I never take sick days just more painkillers.......My Gp had referred me to the local hospital for physio and says that the meds i am taking is all they can give as it is all general wear and tear (the joys of getting older). My physio says that i am aggravating the problems i have because of the work i do...When i have a few days off my symptoms settle down and become bearable.. I love my work but it has become more and more difficult overthe years....I work on 3 month contacts 2 over the year.......If i left because of the problems i have would i get any benefits??... My company dosnt pay sick pay..Would i get jsa and explain i can only work light duties........I read all the problems have on ESA and that terrifies me!!!Its all so confusing so i just continue to work and hope for good days.... . i would appeciate any advise........

Edited by lottiesnan
tried to paragraph ????

• 1 month later...

I have recently finished work and have a letter from the DWP saying i am entitled to Jobseekers allowance from 23rd May 2011...

I signed on once when i made the claim and then again on the 1st june...

I should have had a payment today but it wasnt in the bank ,this i believe is because i am getting a 4 week working tax credit run on ,for give or take a few pennies the same amout as JSA payment.

I sign on again on the 15th june and the last payment from working tax run on will be the 17th june.. Will my JSA payments kick in automatically,will they know that that the 17th is my last payment from tax credits............

I get so confused:???: ellie

From what you stated above then once your 4 weeks tax credit run on ends then your payments for JSA will start as normal as long as you continue to sign on.

So you will recive your first payment of JSA after you sign on the 29th June and it should be the period 18th June to 29th and then each fornight as normal for the duration of your claim (as long as it's Income Based JSA). Of course if you tax credit run on payments is less than the rate of JSA then your payments will start from the beginning of your claim.