BCW for Southern Electric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from BCW in early Jan referring to a Southern Electric debt for a previous rental property, for a period after I moved out! I wrote to them informing them of this, but they then asked for meter readings and confirmation of the end of the tenancy. Unfortunately I do not have either of these - I moved out over 18 months ago and did not keep meter readings, and it was a private landlord so I was not given written confirmation of the end of the tenancy. I wrote back to them and advised them to contact the landlord, however I have now received a Notice of Pending Legal Action from a solicitors acting on their behalf.

Any tips or advice on how to deal with this? I cannot prove a negative ie that I was not living there, the only thing I think I can do is provide proof that I was living somewhere else and hope that the landlord will provide the relevant information. Is this enough? I really want to avoid going to court for something I do not owe!! Any advice much appreciated.

Im not an expert.... many other people here can probably help with legals .....but had something similar with veolia water. I was able to supply my new tenancy agreement and as I was on Housing Benefit /CTB , this was further proof.

presumably you lived there for a little while and they provided estimates for some of your bills...if you were able to give a leaving date they will be able to work out with your monthly usage if you owe them money or not.

hope that helps